This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every moring: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion saith my soul: therefore will I hope in him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3: 21-26

Friday, March 2, 2007

Even though...

There is a sweet joy in feeling that God knows all and notwithstanding loves us still.
–J. Hudson Taylor

Habakkuk 3: 17-19

17 Though the fig tree does not bud
and there are no grapes on the vines,
though the olive crop fails
and the fields produce no food,
though there are no sheep in the pen
and no cattle in the stalls,

18 yet I will rejoice in the LORD,
I will be joyful in God my Savior.

19 The Sovereign LORD is my strength;
he makes my feet like the feet of a deer,
he enables me to go on the heights.
For the director of music.
On my stringed instruments.


May your weekend be filled with blessings and peace. Lifting up prayers for those who are dealing with loss from the storms and accidents and events of this week. Keeping in mind and heart all those who need the touch of the Great Physician's hand to heal their bodies and spirits. Praying for all who have unmet needs that the Abundant Provider will bless you and fill your needs and your desires. And for those who do not know the comfort of the Father, the One who has all things in his control, I pray that you will allow HIM to meet you where you are and let HIM display his extravagant love for you.

In HIM who lives and moves and has our being,
Shalom, Peace, Joy,

joyfuldays

2 comments:

amy said...

what a beautiful post and the song below is my favorite rich mullins song

Liza's Eyeview said...

Oh my...this is the second time this week that I came across this Habakkuk 3 verses. Gods must be "speaking" to me through these verses. I better calm down and listen...

Thank you....