This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every moring: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion saith my soul: therefore will I hope in him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3: 21-26

Thursday, March 29, 2007

Still Weird...

Well Shalee tagged me for a meme… and although it is a lot like the one I did here, I figured I have more than enough weirdness for two memes. I could probably do ten or so and still not run out of weirdness. But don't get any ideas...

So for Shalee and anyone else who wants to know just what a goob I am…

SIX weird things about me. (Because the first ten weren’t bad enough.)

My hair has a life and a mind of its own. Now that it is the humid season here I’ve thrown up my hands. It does NOT matter how long I stand in the bathroom and with what appliance, my hair will do what it wants. That means I’ve been looking like a poodle lately. A poodle whose owner doesn’t care. When my hair does decide to cooperate, let me tell you that is indeed a JOYFUL DAY.

My pets are neurotic—my DarlingCaveGeek says they take after me. That is just great. Poochie is afraid of thunderstorms (that she got from her canine dad). And she likes bread and helps herself. Ferocious One always has an attitude and is sometimes just mean. And the Old Man hollers and yells a lot. Mostly at my DCG. Kinda like me. Blush

I use my kitchen table as a bookshelf. Almost all the time. Except on Fridays. I would hazard that there are about 40 or so books and workbooks there right now.





With all the Crayola Crayons…you probably would have guessed this, but, I like to color. I find it therapeutic. Since I am neurotic and all, I need the therapy.

DCG and I have been married almost 15 years. We have moved 13 times. We are not military. We may be gypsies.

I still have my snowmen up. It was almost 80 yesterday. Yes, that about does it. I am in fact weird.

How many people was I supposed to tag? That got a little fuzzy there…I am tagging Deb, BSS, Liza, Overwhelmed With Joy, and anyone else who wants to make me feel better and not so alone in my strangeness.

Check out Shalee’s Diner. She’s really blessed my heart lately.

8 comments:

Karen said...

You can always make me smile:-) I love your list! We have been married 10 1/2 years, moved 9 times, and the Navy was only responsible for 1 move. I too adore snowmen. And Teddy Bears. My DH has set dates that they have to be swapped around according to the seasons to try and maintain some order, LOL.

DebD said...

What a great list! I'll have to ponder this a bit and see what I come up with. I don't think I"m weird, its just everyone else around me.

Overwhelmed! said...

Oooh, I like to color too! :)

I'll see if I can't put together a post tomorrow on this, since you tagged me. :)

Liza's Eyeview said...

Funny, I find coloring with crayola very therapeutic too :)

I will work on this and will post later. I may be weirder than you know - LOL!

Shalee said...

See now, this is exactly why I didn't hesitate to ask you. :)

You're moving trend is a lot like ours. We've moved living spaces 5 times in the last 6 years. And we'll (prayfully) be doing it again this summer. We're catching up with ya!

JennaG said...

I love to color too. I choose to believe that is not weird! Enjoyed reading!

Overwhelmed! said...

Okay, I've just published my own weird post.

Stop by and check it out! :)

Liza's Eyeview said...

The weirbess of me is up!!!!

:) Liza