This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every moring: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion saith my soul: therefore will I hope in him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3: 21-26

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Works for Me Wednesday

One of the many necessities I wanted when I found out I was pregnant, going on ten years ago was a supply of lullaby tapes and CDs.

Everyone has preferences, but I have to recommend Baby Sleep.

We used it for a long time and then it got set back for a longer time. But in the last year the boys have started listening to music again at bedtime…soothing the savage beasts, and all I mean gently lulling my bonny wee darlings to the Land of Nod…

Anyway, they’ve listened to several different CDs, many borrowed from the library (my favorite “try before you buy” method) and then I realized this gem was not being used. It is the only one they want to listen to these days. It has 24 tracks, but Boo is usually out before track 6 and Roo is gone somewhere around track 13 or 14.
This is my latest favorite for a baby shower gift. The music is a gorgeous blend of classical music. Truly soothing.

The only thing is that I can hear the music too as I am trying to go to sleep and I’ve come to be dependent on it too. It works for all of us here!!!

For tips and creative neat new ideas check out the Works for Me Wednesday ladies over at Shannon's Rocks in My Dryer. Mrs. Dryer has the fun going on over there!

5 comments:

Nikki said...

Good recommendation. I will try it. We've tried many others and they always seem to stay awake for the ones with words-- like they're listening to all the words before they can fall asleep.

Overwhelmed! said...

Oh, thanks for the recommendation. I'm going to look for this one!

Jenny in Ca said...

thanks for the recommend, I will have to go look for it. My baby is 5 now, but I still listen to lullabye cds. My favorite right now is "Sing over me" really sweet. I rocked my last two to "come to the cradle", I still love to listen to it, such sweet memories.
thanks for the smile...

Terrific Teens said...

Great idea for baby shower gifts! Thanks

scribbit said...

My second baby had horrible croup and screamed every evening and the only thing to soothe him was the sound of the dishwasher running. He slept in his carseat for months in front of the dishwasher and we'd run it all night long in desperation. They should put out a CD of white noise :)