This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every moring: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion saith my soul: therefore will I hope in him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3: 21-26

Sunday, April 1, 2007

100 Things About Me

(And you didn’t even have to ask)

In a blogging tradition, for my 100th post, 100 things about me. Not all of them are weird, although some might be. Too much of me is just too much. So I am just apologizing in advance and suggesting that you move on to the next blog, quickly...

100 Things = 99 Too Many

1. I love the LORD.
2. I am married to the man I should be married to—he is my DarlingCaveGeek. "DCG."
3. I have the children that are perfect for me, my Roo and my Boo.
4. For the longest time I didn’t think I wanted children.
5. I changed my mind after I turned thirty.
6. DCG and I cannot fathom what life would be like without our sons.
7. When I had Boo I was considered “of advanced maternal age.”
8. That makes me really old now.
9. We are relaxed and eclectic homeschoolers.
10. I am considering becoming more structured for the next few months.
11. I know I learn as much as the boys do because we homeschool.
12. I have several pairs of ballet shoes in my purse.
13. None are mine.
14. Me dancing would be scary to contemplate.
15. I don’t have daughters. So they belong to...
16. My sister and I used to be mistaken as twins sometimes. (We never saw the twin thing—sisters, yes, twins???)
17. When someone would realize we were not twins the question, “Which one is older?” came up on occasion. Since I am four and a half years older I always enjoyed that.
18. Sadly that hasn’t happened for at least seven years.
19. We still are pretty good at knowing what is on the other person’s mind.
20. Although now she is now an official geek and calls my DCG and they “geek-speak” at each other until I put my fingers in my ears and sing “Lalalalala I can’t hear you!!!”
21. I love her children and they like to visit their old auntie. I think it is really their cousins they come for.
22. I have this IRL group of five friends that range in age from 50 to 26. We became friends because of horses.
23. We have been friends for over fifteen years.
24. Of the group, I am the only one to have biological children. Two of the group have stepchildren who don’t live with them.
25. We don’t all have horses anymore. Only two show together anymore.
26. I got my first horse when I was 30. I had to sell him when I was 38.
27. I don’t like swimming or boating.
28. I fell backwards overboard a pontoon once.
29. My DCG jumped in to save me.
30. We used to live on a lake.
31. We have moved 13 times in less than 15 years.
32. I hate moving.
33. But I want to move out of this duplex and into a house.
34. Then I want to live there for a loooooooong time.
35. I think reading is a wonderful thing.
36. I like to sleep.
37. I will read until I am ready to fall asleep.
38. I don’t have one favorite food.
39. I don’t have one favorite song.
40. I don’t have one favorite movie.
41. The fact I don’t have lots of “favorites” bother my sons.
42. I have many favorites, but not just one of many items—I don’t like to discriminate.
43. My favorite store is Hobby Lobby. I have a favorite store!
44. Fall is still my favorite season. See I have a favorite season!
45. I used to like winter—but I have aged to the point of needing summer.
46. I would have a hard time choosing between a zoo and an art museum.
47. My husband refuses to share a coffee pot with me. He says my flavored coffee contaminates his pure and precious coffee flavored coffee.
48. The day would start easier if coffee could be administered with and IV.
49. My coffee could be described as “Cowboy Coffee.” It can float a horseshoe.
50. There are no such things as too much coffee and too much chocolate.
51. Coffee at chocolate go well together.
52. I blog most often with a cat on my lap.
53. I have had my cats longer than I have had my husband.
54. My dog is a traitor. She was supposed to be mine. My birthday present. My DCG did NOT want her. DID NOT. Now…who’s her favorite person? Whose doggy is she?…Yup, she is my DCG’s dog.
55. And she smirks about it.
56.I wish I had space for a garden.
57. I can crochet, but not knit.
58. I make cards.
59. I cross-stitch.
60. I start too many things.
61. I don’t finish enough things.
62. I collect collections.
63. I collect hobbies.
64. I am a ballet fan. I could sit in a theatre and watch for hours. I enjoy watching rehearsals and classes too.
65. Classical music is necessary for my peace of mind—but I used to be a fan of punk.
66. I still listen to and enjoy a broad range of music.
67. I check out too many books from the library at a time.
68. DCG has threatened to put a cot for me in the library.
69. I have been to one professional baseball game. I have been to one professional football game.
70. When I was five I was on Romper Room.
71. Candles and incense may not be necessities—but they are close.
72. My Crayola Crayons are arranged by color. I have a friend who is a psychologist. She says this is diagnosable. This is such an important thing about me it is mentioned more than once in my blog. Coloring is good therapy.
73. Perfume is cheaper than therapy.
74. Rubber stamps, paper and ink are cheaper than therapy.
75. Blogging is cheaper than therapy.
76. Reading is cheaper than therapy.
77. Since I worry so much about the cost of therapy, should I consider therapy?
78. My decorating style is “Early American Hand-me-Down” meets “Garage Sale Eclectic Functional.”
79. I am a night-owl by nature.
80. I have the makings of a hermit.
81. Often I use the B’guess and B’golly approach to life
82. If that doesn’t work I apply the “seat of the pants method.”
83. If that doesn’t work I try duct tape and baling wire.
84. If that doesn’t work—slap some tar on it.
85. I used to read the yellow pages and Roo did that for a while.
86. I love the rain
87. Thunderstorms are good sleeping weather.
88. Thunderstorms are not to be confused with SEVERE Storms.
89. Almost nine years ago I was in a house when a tornado threw a tree through the back door.
90. I like table cloths and cloth napkins.
91. I like savory food for breakfast—like Chinese or Italian or Mexican.
92. I like breakfast food for supper.
93. I avoid conflict if at all possible. There are people in my life who would tell you otherwise.
94. Maybe I avoid conflict with people who I don’t know well. Because I get very passionate about some things. And then I just sound stupid.
95. I really am incredibly shy.
96. But because I joke a lot and am sarcastic I don’t appear to be to most people. Because if I wasn’t someone might figure out I am shy.
97. I have a large dislike and distrust of "religion."
98. I have a Messianic mind, and Eastern Orthodox heart, a hidden Pentecostal streak, and a Catholic personality.
99. But I love the LORD. And praise that HE gets to make the decisions and I don’t.
100. I learn every day how much more I have left to learn.

If you got through that, you should get an award, but sadly I have none to give. Looking forward to the next 100 posts. I promise when I hit 200 I will not post 200 more things about me. Promise.

8 comments:

DebD said...

Now that was fun.

What is it about dogs falling in love with the one who doesn't want them. The exact same thing happened to my sis.

And I love midnight thunderstorms - so relaxing.

JennaG said...

What a great list! I know you much better now! My 100 things is coming up soon--I'm afraid I will run out of things to write by 50 or so!

Jenny in Ca said...

I enjoyed your list! when I had my last baby I was considered high risk because of my age...I was a little insulted, I wasn't that old!
I don't have one favorite, either!
#72 made me laugh, I would think that it shows an organized, creative mind.
#77- bahh-haaa
really nice to meet you! Happy 100th post!!

Overwhelmed! said...

So, this is your 100th post, eh? Congrats to you! I loved reading your list. I think coloring is good therapy too! :)

Thanks for linking this post on my ”Hooray for 100” link exchange! I do appreciate it. :)

annie said...

I love #'s 98 & 99! I also really enjoy reading these 100th posts, you really learn a lot.

I just stopped by to tell you how much I appreciate your prayers.

blessings~
Annie ♥

Rena said...

Great list!! I like #98 and 99 the best, too! Hope you get to your 200th post soon! :)

OneCoolMama said...

This was great. I especially liked your "cheaper than therapy" section. I totally agree. Chocolate could be added as well. :)

Poiema said...

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment on my blog. I enjoyed reading 100 things about you---
#47 made me laugh, because my husband thinks that flavored coffee somehow sullies his manliness! Fortunately, I've learned to like his :)

Blessings, friend.