This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every moring: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion saith my soul: therefore will I hope in him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3: 21-26

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Awards? Here?

Really?

Okay if someone nominated me for the FlyLady Failure award I would understand. But these two?

Really?

How cool…

I have been nominated for the Best Encourager at the Homeschool Blog Awards. There are some really encouraging bloggers there so I am just blessed to be nominated. How wonderful. This year (only four months into it)has been quite the rollercoaster for me, so that was just a wonderful thing. And while this maybe sounds sappy or something…If one person gets one thing out of my blog my time is worthwhile here. I am blessed all over the internet by bloggers, but had never hoped I might return the favor.

My friend Debbi has been nominated for Live-What-You-Believe Homeschool Blog . I have to tell you she really does live her faith on her blog. Deb has been a help to me just by living her faith and sharing with me both blogside and behind the scenes.

Denise over at Let’s Play Math has also been nominated for Best Nitty-Gritty Homeschool Blog…Denise is one of the smartest people. I love her math ideas. I have to mathy kind of boys and she has some awesome ideas.

Also, DeeDee at It Could’ve Been Worse was nominated for two awards Funniest Homeschool Blog & Best New (in 2006) Homeschool Blog —this woman is so funny. I have read her blog and laughed so hard I cried. And I learned the hard way to not drink coffee while reading, because this laptop is old and doesn’t need a caffeine baptism.

A Dusty Frame was nominated for Best Homeschool Mom Blog. She is homeschooling during some of the toughest times I have known a homeschooler to go through. And yet she praises.

Go vote for Deb, Denise, DeeDee, and A Dusty Frame. And if you want to vote for me, I won’t argue, but I still am kind of surprised. Voting ends Friday.

Also yesterday I was blessed to find that Amy had passed on the Thinking Blogger Award to Me. I was so surprised and touched. Amy's such an encourager. The rules are as follows:

1. If, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think.
2. Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme.
3. Optional: Proudly display the ‘Thinking Blogger Award’ with a link to the post that you wrote.
My thinking bloggers are Deb at Deb on the Run, Denise at Let’s Play Math , Liza at Liza’s Eyeview, Deborah at The Rose Bee and Shannon & Chili’s brainchild Blogging Basics 101—they certainly were thinking when they created that.

3 comments:

JennaG said...

Congratulations!

Jenny in Ca said...

congratulations on your nomination! I am really looking forward to checking out all the blogs I do not know over at the awards..I'm starting slowly-lots of reading to do!

DebD said...

Aw, shucks... thanks so much for your kind words. And thanks for the "thinking blog" nod - that is too kind. It may take me some time to work on my own nominations.