This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every moring: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion saith my soul: therefore will I hope in him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3: 21-26

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Favorite Ingredients Friday--Three Pumpkin Cheesecakes

My favorite dessert is cheesecake. Any kind of cheesecake. Boo and I have been partial to pumpkin flavored cheesecake lately. Maybe not the right season...but there's no accounting for taste.

Here are some cheesecake recipes courtesy of Kraft Foods.

PHILADELPHIA® No-Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake1 pkg. (8 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened

1 cup canned pumpkin

1/2 cup sugar 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice

1 tub (8 oz.) COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, thawed, divided

1 HONEY MAID Graham Pie Crust (6 oz.)

BEAT cream cheese, pumpkin, sugar and pumpkin pie spice with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Gently stir in 2-1/2 cups of the whipped topping. Cover and refrigerate remaining whipped topping for later use. SPOON cream cheese mixture into crust.

REFRIGERATE 3 hours or overnight. Serve topped with remaining whipped topping. Store leftover cheesecake in refrigerator.


PHILADELPHIA® 3-STEP® Double Layer Pumpkin Cheesecake

2 pkg. (8 oz. each) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened

1/2 cup sugar 1/2 tsp. vanilla

2 eggs 1/2 cup canned pumpkin

1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon

Dash of ground cloves

Dash of ground nutmeg

1 HONEY MAID Graham Pie Crust (6 oz.)

PREHEAT oven to 325°F. Beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing on low speed after each addition just until blended. Remove 1 cup of the batter; stir in pumpkin and spices.

POUR remaining plain batter into crust. Top with pumpkin batter.

BAKE 40 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool. Refrigerate 3 hours or overnight.


Almond-Crunch Pumpkin Cheesecake

1-2/3 cups HONEY MAID Graham Cracker Crumbs

1 cup sugar, divided

1/4 cup PLANTERS Sliced Almonds, chopped

5 Tbsp. margarine or butter, melted

3 pkg. (8 oz. each) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened

1 cup solid pack canned pumpkin

1/2 cup BREAKSTONE'S or KNUDSEN Sour Cream

2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice

4
eggs

Almond Crunch Topping

1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar

3 Tbsp. butter or margarine

1/2 cup BAKER'S ANGEL FLAKE Coconut

1/2 cup PLANTERS Sliced Almonds

PLACE sugar and butter in small saucepan; cook on medium heat until sugar is dissolved, stirring occasionally.

ADD coconut and almonds; mix well.

PREHEAT oven to 350°F if using a silver 9-inch springform pan (or to 325°F if using a dark nonstick springform pan). Mix graham cracker crumbs, 1/3 cup of the sugar, almonds and margarine until well blended. Press firmly onto bottom and 2 inches up side of pan; set aside.

BEAT cream cheese and remaining 2/3 cup sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add pumpkin, sour cream and spice; mix well. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating on low speed after each addition just until blended. Pour into crust.

BAKE 1 hour. Turn off oven. Open door slightly; let cheesecake stand in oven 30 minutes.

PREHEAT broiler. Spread Almond Crunch Topping over warm cheesecake. Broil 6 inches from heat for 2 minutes or until golden brown. Run small knife or spatula around rim of pan to loosen cake; cool before removing rim of pan. Refrigerate at least 4 hours before serving. Store leftover cheesecake in refrigerator.

More cheesecake recipes are available at Kraft Food's site. For more Favorite Ingredient Friday participants visit Overwhelmed With Joy.

15 comments:

Bss said...

Oh, those look yummy!!!

DebD said...

Oh My! I just LOVE cheesecake and pumpkin cheesecake at that! These look so yummy.

Sorry I haven't been commenting much - I have been reading though.

Jammy said...

Gotta love cheesecake!!

Jenn

Lori4squaremom said...

Oh my, those all sound wonderful, and I WILL be giving the no bake recipe a try this weekend! My son LOVE anything pumpkin, he'll go ape over this one! Thank you so much for posting these :)

Lauren S. said...

These look so good! I especially like the almond version!

annie said...

This looks wonderful!
Blessings~
♥ Annie
My Life as Annie!

Carey said...

I love cheesecake too. the double layer one looks really good.

Michelle said...

oh I love cheesecake! all of these sound very easy to do and delicious!

Rae said...

Oh boy, I am a cheesecake junkie. These all sound so fantastic..I can't wait to try them all! Thanks for sharing...have a great weekend! =)

Ribbon Rock Star said...

Anything with Cream cheese is a winner with me.

Linda

KELLY said...

Love Cheesecake! Thanks!

JennaG said...

What a bunch of great recipes. Thanks for sharing!

Mrs. U said...

Oh my goodness! I LOVE pumpkin and all of these recipes sound absolutely DELICIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you for sharing them!!

His,
Mrs. U

Overwhelmed! said...

Hooray for pie recipes! I love pie! :)

Thanks so much for participating in my Favorite Ingredients Friday recipe exchange. I do appreciate it.

I hope to see you again next Friday!

Betsy said...

Can I just say I love you for these pumpkin recipes!
Thanks!