This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every moring: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion saith my soul: therefore will I hope in him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3: 21-26

Sunday, April 1, 2007

Grains of Gratitude


As I sit looking out at the window I cannot help but to continue to be grateful for the spring weather. We’ve had plenty of rain intermingled with sunshine, the trees are in full flower which is always exciting for me. I feel like a child when I see the blooms and smell the spring smell. Even though I am at least a month, and more like six weeks from planting any flowers outside, I just have this desire to go browse greenhouses. I could literally do that all day.

Spring, in my opinion, is God speaking to our hearts of His love and sacrifice of His precious Son. This is what happens after winter’s death. This is Passover and Holy Week. I am grateful for this time to redirect my thoughts to our Savior. I am grateful for His Word and His Creation which I cannot ignore.

A little less thoughtful perhaps, and a little more selfish, I have been grateful for a little extra time this week. We have two weeks off from basketball and just a few extra hours can help get some loose threads at least under control if not caught up. I will be grateful for the start of the next session, but for right now, I needed the time.

I am grateful for a chance for a pleasant visit with a friend last week. Usually when we get together it is in a group and there is little chance for personal conversation. My friend cooked me a wonderfully interesting meal and we sat and talked for a few hours. Very refreshing.

Lastly I am grateful that my sister’s visit to the ER this week was not a heart attack. I was worried when I received a call that my father had taken her to the ER. After what seemed like forever, but in truth, was just a few hours, we were told that she has some arrhythmia going, her medications have been changed, but there was no heart attack. I am so proud of my sister, she is a single mom who works one full-time (overnight) and one part-time job, she goes to school and still homeschools her children. My parents are part of their daily lives and help, but my sister is one of the most determined people I know. She has lost four if not five sizes in the past year and is eating healthy. She is doing so many things right for her health—it was frustrating to think that she would be facing something like a heart attack. When I grow up, I want to be like her. (You need to know I am the older sister.)

God is good and we all have so much to be grateful for. Grains of Gratitude was started by Christine at Brady’s Bunch. It has been a joy to start the week with an “attitude of gratitude.”

What are you grateful for?

2 comments:

Overwhelmed! said...

I'm with you, I love te Spring weather! We're getting some work done around our yard now.

How nice that you had a great visit with your friend. Sometimes it's so hard to get one-on-one time, but it makes you treasure it all the more when you do.

I'm so glad your sister's visit to the ER wasn't a heart attack! I am in awe of your sister and all that she juggles in her life. What an inspiration she must be for you!

Have a good week!

annie said...

Julie,
Thank you for stopping by my blog and for your kind words.
It really sounds like your week had many blessings!

Annie