This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every moring: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion saith my soul: therefore will I hope in him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3: 21-26

Sunday, April 15, 2007

Grains of Gratitude

I want to include a grain from last week, since I didn’t post last Sunday. We were grateful to be able to be at a dear friend’s confirmation last Saturday evening. We were warmly welcomed and the service was awesome. It is always an exciting thing to see someone make a profession of faith, a promise that they want to grow in their relationship with the LORD. Many blessings to my dear friend, Jessica.

It is always a time for gratitude when one gets to spend time with family. This weekend the boys and I were able to travel and visit my parents and my sister and her children.

I am grateful my sister arranged a cool field trip for the boys and their cousins to a dairy. I don’t know who had more fun the kids or us. It was an awesome experience.

For the first fourteen years of our married life (we are going on fifteen this year) we made do with one vehicle. I am grateful this year that we were able to purchase a second car. That extra vehicle is what allows us to make the trips to visit out of state family when DCG needs to be at work while we are away.

With the cold snap and remnants of winter hanging on I am thankful for central heating and indoor plumbing—I am not kidding. In one of those flashback memories that come from out of the blue, I was reminded that when I was Boo’s age my paternal grandparents had an oil heater in the kitchen and an outhouse. While I loved visiting my grandparents, I hated have to use the potty when there in the winter. Summer was bad enough—but snow and ice. Brrrr…let's just be glad we live where we do and are blessed.

The Lord is kind and merciful!

What are you grateful for?

Grains of Gratitude originated with Christine at Brady's Bunch

I am on the road until tonight (with slow internet and an aging computer)and truly dont' know when I will get caught up, but I would like to post a request for prayer for two dear sweet sisters in Christ. Please PRAY for Heather and Kelli. If you are interested in participating in a love offering for Heather please visit BooMama.

2 comments:

so grateful to be Mormon! said...

hi there: what a peaceful post. thanks for sharing. i love the words grateful and gratitude. i want to remember to be grateful for my/our many blessings. we do have it so good. i love being around people who also prefer to primarily focus on the good, the positives they are grateful for in life ... rather than spending time with people who are downers mostly, who focus mainly on complaining about negatives in life.

i like how your blog talks of focusing on finding and appreciating the joy in your life.

i am grateful for realizing that my priority is God/religion/relationships.

nothing could be better in this life to me than that.

blessings to you and yours this day :)

mum2brady said...

Thanks for joining in and visiting my blog :) I love your list, and it's focus on family and faith :)

Whooo hoooo on your second car! We were a one car family for so very long, and I remember how happy we were to get a second :)

And - I'm with you on modern conveniences, I often ponder what it was like to be my grandparents, and even my parents when they were young, they didn't have nearly the easy life that we have :) I think Heavenly Father knew I was too wimpy to come in their generations, so he let me come later :)

Thanks for your uplifting words, and I will definitely keep Kelli and Heather in my prayers...