This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every moring: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion saith my soul: therefore will I hope in him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3: 21-26

Sunday, May 6, 2007

Grains of Gratitude

This has not been my best week emotionally or spiritually, but there are so many things to be grateful for. Sometimes when I try to write them out it just doesn’t transfer from my heart to paper, or cyber-paper as it is, really. But I will try anyway.

I am grateful for a husband who after almost 15 years will run to the store late in the evening and get something that I want. Not something I need, mind you—although he would do that in a heartbeat, too—but something I want. Just because he is being nice to me. He’s seen my crabby, cranky, warty heart and he still is kind to me. I am so grateful.

I am grateful for young sons who are sensitive. They too have seen a mommy at her not so lovely moments and still have room in their hearts to worry about me instead of thinking of themselves. They are quick to forgive and do not carry grudges. LORD give me the heart of a child.

A friend I am grateful for came to the house this week. I don’t see her as often as I would like. It is hard for me to take the boys to see her. So she came to us and we talked and talked and talked. The boys were very good and gave us some privacy. We had a nice lunch with the boys. I didn’t ruin the food. And I felt a little lighter by the time she needed to leave.

We had a diversion this weekend I am grateful for. Some dress-up diversion that took my mind to a place of drama, music and imagination. We went to the ballet. With the boys. They were such gentlemen. Roo is getting sophisticated enough to read the program ahead of time and is “getting it” more. Boo just got swept away into the music and dance and was on the edge of his seat. Bouncing! Grown-ups tap their foot to the music—Boo taps his body!! I had to put a hand on his shoulder to keep him from being a distraction. He wasn’t being naughty. He was just involved.

Tomorrow is Monday and for that I am grateful. I cannot elaborate on that to say more than I am waiting for some news. I don’t wait well. So tomorrow will be better just for knowledge I don’t have today.

What are you grateful for??

Christine at Brady’s Bunch began Grains of Gratitude. It is a meme that has continued to bless me each time I participate. It gives me pause and allows a refocusing time to get a better picture of what is important. Thanks Christine.

5 comments:

so grateful to be Mormon! said...

hi julie: i love how you do these grateful for posts. i plugged yours in my 7 things meme yesterday, too.

your grateful for post today got to me; you made me tear up. you have a good kind heart. glad to hear that your friend there did an awesome job taking care of you, too. you are so blessed to have that friend and the hubby, too, to get you what you want late at night from the store.

today i am grateful for the silly dorky and fun and priceless moment that i got to have with my 15 y/o daughter ~E last night. i posted about it if you want to see.

she has been a real handfull, difficult so much of the time, so i relish and savor moments like we had last night.

i am grateful for additional chances to have happy moments.

have a beautiful Sabbath day :) take good care, my friend. thanks for sharing your heart in your words. you got to me. blessings this night, kathleen :)

ps. email me anytime you want (it's in my profile).

mum2brady said...

Thanks for joining in - and I hope you get good news today! I'm not a patient wait-er either, and stress turns me into a bear - so I can relate!

Soooo happy a friend could come and cheer you up this week, and that you got to get out and do something fun with your boys :) Dressing up and getting lost in a play or ballet or symphony is wonderful!!!

Thanks again for joining in - reading your posts blesses me each week, and I'm grateful for bloggers like you who are willing to share their gratitude with me and lift me each week :)

Hugs!

scribbit said...

Right now I'm grateful for indoor plumbing. As in, mine is back on again and I finally got my hot shower. Love the hot water.

Bss said...

I am grateful that God hears all of our prayers, and that He never leaves us.

Deborah Hooper said...

I am grateful that no matter how bad the day, I can pray and so there is hope.