This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every moring: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion saith my soul: therefore will I hope in him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3: 21-26

Monday, May 7, 2007

Time Travel Tuesday--Sweet 16

Sweet 16…

I turned 16 toward the end of my 10th grade year. I got contacts. I was dating a guy named Joe. Not one of my better choices.

I got a job at my dad’s grocery store. Not as easy as it sounds. I had to go apply, just like everyone else. Probably had more people watching for me to mess up because I was the boss’s daughter.

I hit another car in the parking lot when I went in to get my paycheck. Probably not surprising considering I was driving a Chrysler Newport. It looked a lot like this, only blue with a white vinyl top. Can we say "BOAT"? This car came back to haunt me years later when my father gave it to my husband and I. It ran like a champ for a long, looooooong, time.

I played softball and gave up basketball. I loved art class and English. I was in French and would continue with that into college.

Popular Music

Rock With You ... Michael Jackson
Do That to Me One More Time... The Captain and Tennille
Crazy Little Thing Called Love... Queen
Another Brick in the Wall ... Pink Floyd
Call Me... Blondie
It's Still Rock and Roll to Me... Billy Joel
This Is It… Kenny Loggins
The Rose…Bette Midler

Grammy AwardsRecord of the Year: Sailing... Christopher Cross

Popular Movies

All That Jazz
The Black Stallion
The Blues Brothers
Caddyshack

Academy AwardsBest Picture: Ordinary People

Popular Television Shows

Dallas Who Shot JR? is talked about heavily from the TV show Dallas. On November 21, the conclusion draws more viewers than any other show in TV history up to that point. –I never watched Dallas.

M*A*S*H
The Love Boat
The Jeffersons
Alice
Little House on the Prairie

Calvin Klein & Brooke Shields were banned.

Post-It Notes are introduced by 3-M

Mt. Saint Helens erupts, killing 60 people.

Summer Olympics in Moscow, USSR, The US boycotts

US hockey team beat Russia for the gold in the Winter Olympics.

Voyager I, a NASA probe, explores Saturn.

Time Travel Tuesday is new & hosted by Annie at My Life as Annie... give her a visit!!

5 comments:

annie said...

Fun stuff! I'm so glad you played along, I really enjoyed reading about the year you were 16.

amy said...

Thats a neat post!!! Lots of cool things!

- PRACTiCAL CHiCK said...

This is cool. I might have to start doing this. :) BTW - I found you through a comment you made on my friend Rose Bee's blog.

My one resolution this year was to have more fun and not to let the devil steal my joy.

Karen said...

I have to say that Alice, Dallas, and Little House are among some of my all-time faves!

I also have a vial of "ash" from the Mount St. Helens eruption, courtesy of a great-aunt/uncle that live in the area. I took it to "show-and-tell" at school...I thought it was SOOOO cool to have ash from a volcano.

Oh, and I have a Bette Midler CD that I listen to quite often, and "The Rose" is one of my favorites to hear her sing!

so grateful to be Mormon! said...

this was so fun reading your post. thanks for the smiles, kathleen :)