This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every moring: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion saith my soul: therefore will I hope in him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3: 21-26

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Catching Up with Memes, Part 1

Susie J tagged me with a meme a while back and I am just now posting my answers. Thanks Susie for the tag!

“INSTRUCTIONS: Remove the blog in the top spot from the following list and bump everyone up one place. Then add your blog to the bottom slot, like so.”

Inside Mo’s Mind
J’s Thoughts and Musings
TeaTime Ramblings
SusieJ
Joyful Days

Next select five people to tag: (if you haven’t done it already)” I am just going to say, "If it looks like fun and you haven't done it, why don't you play? I would love to learn more about all my bloggy friends."

Now for the hard part — the questions: “What were you doing 10 years ago?” Ten years ago I was pregnant with my first son. I worked for an ophthalmologist and was really having a hard time standing through surgeries. I leaned heavily on the counter taking patient histories in office.

We had just moved into a house in the middle of nowhere and I was not unpacked. I never managed to get unpacked in that house. I ate cereal for breakfast, managed some lunch in the hospital cafeteria and ate cereal when I came home then went to bed immediately after.

My husband was attempting to start his own business.

“What were you doing 1 year ago?” Pretty much the same thing as I am doing today. I am hauling my boys to summer intensives (last year it was only one participating and I was trying to entertain the younger one). I was psyching myself up for a week-long trip to my parents’ and the county fair.

“Five snacks you enjoy:”
Merlot
Cabernet Sauvignon
coffee with lots of cream and sugar
chocolate
cheesecake

“Five songs to which you know all the lyrics”
The ending song to the Barney Show…”I love you, You love me...”
I’m a Little Pile of Tin
The Hippo Song
Astronaut sung by FFH
Hold Me Jesus by Rich Mullins

My favorite: “Five things you would do if you were a millionaire:” You know…this depends on if I am a millionaire, as in I have a million dollars or a millionaire, as in I have fifty million—very different things. Assuming the first (because I am not at all greedy):

tithe/donate to some worthy cause
pay off every bill
pay for a modest house
have two decent paid for vehicles
set aside $$ for sons’ college

Wow…I am so boring. But financially I would love to be boring.

“Five bad habits:”
Staying up too late
trying to read too many books at one time
procrastination
allowing myself to be old
being a know-it-all

Five things you like doing:
snuggling my children in the morning when they get up
listening to my husband play guitar & sing
hanging out with my husband
reading
crafting

Five things you would never wear again:
a bikini
Bay City Roller pants
a Joan Jett haircut
white pants
really high heels

Five favorite toys:
ink
adhesives
paper
my heat gun
my computer

4 comments:

Scribbit said...

I'm wondering what a heat gun is and what makes it so entertaining . . .

so grateful to be Mormon! said...

hi julie: this was fun! okay, so are you going to post a past picture of you and your joan jet hair-do on next week's "wordless wednesday" post? that would be a hoot to see! chow baby, :) kathleen

Jenny in Ca said...

I liked this meme, interesting answers, and yes, we would like to see a picture of the joan jett haircut if you had one!

Joyful Days said...

Not so sure about the hair cut pictures. That would involve some digging. We are talking buried.

Michelle--the heat gun is for embossing pigment powders on paper. Spellbinding stuff I know. I'm easily entertained here in "Hickville." LOL.