This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every moring: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion saith my soul: therefore will I hope in him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3: 21-26

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Catching Up with Memes, Part 2

Barbara H. tagged me with the Personal Policies Meme. Sorry it's taken so long Barbara!!

The meme asks about “not moral rules, like ”Do Not Kill,’ but the silly policies we impose on ourselves, like ‘Never eat anything you can’t identify,’ or ‘Don’t step on sidewalk cracks.’”

My Personal Policies:

Caffeine is required for me to be human. Without caffeine I am, at best, an ogre. Cowboy coffee—it can float a horseshoe.

My crayons must be organized by color—this has been discussed before. I wasn’t kidding.

I don’t like to microwave soup. I actually try to avoid the microwave as much as possible. I don’t do as well as I would like, but I try. We bought a toaster oven so I would have an alternative that didn’t heat up the kitchen. I obviously don't put soup in the toaster oven--I use the top of the stove for that. I use the toaster oven for things like left-over pizza. Which has nothing to do with soup--and now it stays out of the microwave!

My husband washes the big items in the sink, the cutting boards, the frying pan, the large pot or the colander. I don’t’ like to do it and he is very helpful.

It is important for me to have a tablecloth and cloth napkins on the table at least for the weekend. I try for during the week, but it’s hit and miss.

I keep fresh flowers on the table if at all possible. Small tiger lilies or carnations can usually be found inexpensively and last for a long time. It really helps my attitude.

I am extremely obsessive about sorting the laundry. I am slow in getting it done, but I am so strange my husband just doesn’t offer to help anymore—and that’s okay, he helps with the large dishes.

I hate being late. I will give myself forty-five minutes of wiggle room if I at all possibly can. Traffic has a way of messing up my schedule and I just plan for it most days.


As to who I am going to tag? Well why don't YOU play if you haven't already and let me know more about YOU.

2 comments:

Barbara H. said...

LOL @ the caffeine comment. :) That's great about the tablecloth. We pretty much only have one for special occasions. There is just something about fresh flowers, isn't there? Thanks for playing!

so grateful to be Mormon! said...

hi julie: fun post. i hate hate being late, too, and try very hard at that. makes for such a peaceful drive when i know i have plenty of wiggle room with the time. i really hate walking into church late at all.

like those tiger lillies, too. we have tons of those throughout our yard. but my favorites are 1) calle lillies (i always thought those were cow lillies until recently ha), 2) lilacs, especially the purples, then 3) tiger lillies.

thanks for stopping by today. love hearing from you and you blessed me with such a sweet compliment. you are so cool. ~blessings girl, kathleen :)