This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every moring: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion saith my soul: therefore will I hope in him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3: 21-26

Sunday, June 24, 2007

Grains of Gratitude

We are halfway through our main summer activity!! While I am ever so grateful the boys were able to be part of it, I am ready for a little slower pace. I’ve learned that we should work hard up until the start of the program and then take a break instead of taking a break before, leaving things that need to get done for when we are all tired. Happy but tired. Live and learn. I’m grateful for the midway point.

Pool is up!! Oh we are all grateful for this. Step out and jump in. Pretend we don’t have the lovely view of Sonic. And for my part, pretend Sonic patrons don’t have the lovely view of me. But water = FUN!!!

Spring Reading Thing is over!! It was so much fun while it lasted—but now my summer reading will be at a little more leisurely pace. It is nice to have challenges, but nice to have time to regroup and putter at my reading.

I am grateful for a teacher who has been frank, open, honest and encouraging about my boys. She only sees them once a year during our Summer Intensive, but she has a good eye, a gentle method and a willingness to talk to parents.

This week I am grateful for challenges that have served to strengthen me. While the easy times are just that, easy and often peaceful, it is in the challenges that we are forged, tempered and made stronger.

Prayers for you for a week filled with blessings to be grateful for.

Grains of Gratitude started with Christine at Brady’s Bunch. Such a good idea!!

4 comments:

annie said...

You have sonic that close, how wonderful!

Jenny in Ca said...

Hey! You have a new look!! I love it.

Coach J said...

Just do what I do: close your eyes. If I can't see you, you can't see me. :) (It works when you're on stage during praise and worship.) Enjoy that pool! That is a blessing in itself!

Renee's Ramblings said...

I agree with Coach J.- the pool is too cool to worry about whose watching. They can't see you/you can't see them. Thanks for stopping by my blog and for the wonderful words of encouragement! It is much appreciated.