This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every moring: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion saith my soul: therefore will I hope in him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3: 21-26

Monday, July 2, 2007

Children's Book Monday

Last summer the boys' music teacher gave me a book suggestion. Never one to ignore a good book tip we checked it out at the library. It was Water Dance by Thomas Locker.

We were captivated by Locker's paintings and poetry. His profound love of nature is evident in both his art and his writing. At the end of the book he educates his reader on the water cycle.

Always anxious to see if a new found author has more than one book we headed back to the library to find that he has several. Two other books we've loved in the same style areMountain Dance and Cloud Dance.


These books are a homeschooler's (or any educator's) dream. They are meant to be read aloud. They involve lovely and lively language, astonishing artwork, and fascinating scientific facts, all rolled up into one small book.

Mr. Locker has written several other books. We've enjoyed reading each one. He has illustrated many books for other authors too. He also paints individual landscapes.

If you are looking for a vaction in a book, check out Thomas Locker's works.
Elise is away for the week, but I still wanted to share these books. While late today, I've enjoyed making Mondays a Children's Book Monday.

Do you have any favorites to share with me?

No comments: