This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every moring: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion saith my soul: therefore will I hope in him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3: 21-26

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Favorite Ingredients Friday--Appetizer & Snacks Edition



Overwhelmed With Joy is having an Apetizers & Snacks Edition for Favorite Ingredients Friday. As usual you will find many good recipes from many wonderful contributors.

Something I haven't made for a long time is this recipe. I have a hard time sharing when I do. Hope you like it too.

Fried Tortellini

1/2 pound frozen cheese-filled tortellini (about 60)
1 beaten egg
1/4 cup milk
1/2 cup fine dry bread crumbs
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
Cooking oil for deep-fat frying
Cajun Aioli

Cook tortellini according to package directions. Drain in a colander; rinse, drain again, and cool. Combine egg and milk in a large mixing bowl. Add tortellini and toss gently to coat. Combine bread crumbs and Parnesan cheese in a plastic bag. Lift tortellini with a slotted spoon and add about one-fourth at a time to crumb mixture. Toss to coat with crumbs. Remove.

Carefully add about 12 tortellini to deep, hot oil (365 degrees). Fry for 1 minute or till golden brown. Remove with slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Transfer to cookie sheet or ovenproof platter and keep warm in 300 degree oven while frying the remaining appetizers. Serve warm with Cajun Aioli. Makes 12 servings.

Cajun Aioli: Stir together 1 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing; 4 cloves garlic, minced; 3 tablespoons lemon juice; 1 tablespoon snipped fresh chives; and 1/4 teaspoon each ground black, white, and red pepper in a small bowl. Makes about 1 1/4 cups.

Eat well this weekend!

11 comments:

Kathleen aka Coffee Mom said...

Fried tortellini!? YUM!

The Wooden Porch said...

That looks awesome!

Carey said...

I could go for these. They sound really good. My recipe is up as well.

Leah in Iowa said...

Man, these sound delish! And with the homemade dipping sauce, what more could you need? I actually have cheese tortellini, so I might just give this a try. Thanks!! =)

~ Leah

April said...

Oh my - that sounds wonderful!

You'll have to check out my cinnamon cake that is just as yummy!

Kim Davis said...

Yum - that sounds just wonderful!!

Lorie said...

Sounds good!

Scribbit said...

Those look terrific. Nothing I like better than pasta unless it's fried pasta.

mcewen said...

Visiting from Scribbit. Congratulations!
Now there's a recipe that will go down a hoot with my pasta fans.
Cheers

Overwhelmed! said...

Yum!! I'll be trying this recipe in the near future!

Thanks for participating in my Favorite Ingredients Friday recipe exchange! I do appreciate it!

Leah in Iowa said...

Just wanted to let you know that I tried this recipe last week and it was really, really good! I even made your dipping sauce to go along with it. Everybody loved it!

I started a new blog yesterday: LeahsRecipeExchange.blogspot.com You should really post the recipe there as well! =)

~ Leah