This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every moring: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion saith my soul: therefore will I hope in him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3: 21-26

Sunday, July 8, 2007

Grains of Gratitude

So my sister was in town to rearrange and hide all my kitchen things visit. She had personal business to attend to but got to stop here for a night.

I’m grateful she was here. My husband and the boys stayed home while we went to the bookstore and to buy a printer. (Do you know they make refrigerators with televisions in them??? I know, I lead a sheltered life. Best Buy was an adventure.)

We stayed up way too late talking as we always have since we were about twelve and seven and then she gave me shin splints made me get up and walk at the crack of dawn!! After the night that sounded like WWIII. Fireworks are legal in my state and the use and abuse of them is unbelievable. I know my sister did not believe me when I told her the smoke got so thick it hung in the streets, and that we only had to step out the door and have huge fireworks all around us. (Who needed a city display?) I am grateful it rained and the risk of fire was minimized.

We are on the road this morning—the boys and I. Heading to the grandparent’s house. This is the big blow out vacation for us this year.

I am grateful we can go. That my husband doesn’t begrudge the time with my family (he has to stay and work and hold down the fort). I am grateful my mom is still around to visit. She has a CT scan on Monday if anyone has a prayer to send her way. I am grateful that we will get to stomp around areas I grew up in. I think the boys need to have some sense of roots.

I am grateful the boys’ summer intensives are over. Although they say they could keep going, I think the break is needed. I am proud of how they worked and learned.

Sum-sum-summertime!! What are you grateful for?

Grains of Gratitude began with Christine at Brady's Bunch and just keeps on blessing me!!

3 comments:

Leah in Iowa said...

What a great list! Have a good time with your mom. I already prayed for her, and will try to remember to do that tomorrow as well.

annie said...

What a nice visit with your sister!

Dapoppins said...

I am grateful for naps. And family. Not for fireworks. Those I could live without.