This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every moring: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion saith my soul: therefore will I hope in him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3: 21-26

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Awards--How Sweet!

Kim of mom-musings gave me two awards. That meant so much to me.

Kim is one of my favorite bloggers to read. I get the feeling that if I were to visit her at her home we could sit and talk and share about family and life and just anything. She seems like someone I wouldn't be self-conscious around. She loves her kids. You can just tell.

She actually said this about me:

Joyful Days--I always look forward to her Wordless Wednesday's pictures, great recipes, book reviews (not only of her own reads but for children also). Her entries are very thoughtful, she leaves sweet comments in other blogs and is just a nice person! I wish I could meet her!

Really????? (I feel like Sally Fields saying this) that made my whole day. So I am passing the bloggy awards--if Kim hadn't already received them, I would give a set to her. Here are the awards:

The Creative Blogger Award is for those who bring unique and creative elements to their blogs. For those who incorporate art, music, creative writing, photo's, and other beautiful visual effects into their website. For those who put a unique spin on things and come up with new ideas. This award is for the artsy, the funky, the inventor, and even the rebel. This award is for those creative individuals who stand out from the crowd.

The Thoughtful Blogger Award is for those who answer blog comments, emails, and make their visitors feel at home on their blogs. For the people who take others' feelings into consideration before speaking out and who are kind and courteous. Also for all of those bloggers who spend so much of their time helping other bloggers design, improve, and fix their sites. This award is for those generous bloggers who think of others.

And here are five bloggers who I think fit both of these descriptions.

Michelle at Scribbit--Michelle is...I don't know if I can say enough nice things about her. She is smart, creative and shares so much of her technical talent. Her posts range from children's crafts that are appealing to humor that is so subtle to wonderful recipes and did I mention how nice she is to un-technical people? She hosts a writing contest and she gives away awesome & fun stuff!! Oh and she has that custom search engine!! She is one of those cool moms too, but don't mess with her--she's been known to be packin'--there's proof!

Overwhelmed With Joy--How can you not enjoy visiting her site? Between the tiny bits of sweet Snuggle-Bug to the wonderful Favorite Ingredients Friday recipe carnivals to this latest Pay it Forward Book Exchange. This is one very thoughtful and creative blogger.

Mrs. Pear--I want to be her when I grow up. Even though I am already considerably older than her. She is tidy and organized and a sweet mommy. She is willing to help those challenged in the menu planning and freezer meals in the kitchen. She pre-blogs before moving and leaves a cool study for her readers. She said if I come to visit I can be Miss Pear's sister and she will adopt me. Oh will I eat well...

Amberly of Moments Amid Messes--She is a lot younger than I am too. But she has wisdom and a sweet manner that makes you feel you've known her forever. And can she take photos!! But then again she has the cutest subjects to photograph. Those are some cute kits!

Jenny at A Coach for Life--Jenny has encouraged me during a really tough time, recently. For someone I've never met for real, she seems like someone I've always known. She's jumped into bloggy-ville full steam and I get the feeling Jenny does everything to the utmost. She is fun & thougthful & very real. And she's gotten to meet up with several other bloggers!! Jenny--not fair.

The problem is that with awards like these, I know I am leaving out many, many cool, thoughtful and creative people. But these people can choose to pass the awards along if they want to and then we'll meet some more wonderful bloggers.

10 comments:

annie said...

I love reading Kim and I love reading you too! Bloggy world is just great huh? Congrats on the awards and great choices for passing them on!!!
blessings~
annie

so grateful to be Mormon! said...

wow cool julie. this was so thoughtful of you to do this :) kathleen

Coach J said...

You are so sweet! I'm glad I've been a encouragement to you; you've been one to me! We are fighting some of the same battles, and WE'RE GONNA WIN!!!! I will confess I'm like Peter in the Bible when Jesus was going to wash his feet, and he says "No, you can't wash my feet." And Jesus says that He must, so Peter replies, "Then wash ALL of me!" He,he! All or nothing, baby! :) Doesn't mean it's done right or perfect, but my heart is there. Thank you for thinking of me!

Overwhelmed! said...

Congrats on winning your much deserved awards!

You are very sweet to include me in your list. I'll try to blog about it early next week. I'm going camping this weekend and won't have internet access! :)

DebD said...

Congratulations to both awards. They are well deserved.

Scribbit said...

You're so sweet! And thanks for letting me know, we've been out enjoying the great outdoors (my tent doesn't have wi-fi) so I've been slow on the blogging news. Thanks!

Dapoppins said...

...couldn't happen to a nicer person! Congrats on your awards.

so grateful to be Mormon! said...

hi julie: also congrats to YOU on your award. i sure enjoy your blog, so i am not surprised at all that somebody else thinks highly of ya, too!

~happy Sabbath, kathleen :)

ps. where's your grains of gratitude post? :)

kim said...

Your post made me smile! :)
I am leaving in 12 hours for a weeks vacation but I look forward to catching up with you and my other blog friends when I get back!
*smiles*
Kim

Nell said...

How fun is that? And an honor.

BTW, I found you at the mom blog directory when looking for fellow mom bloggers in missouri :)

Blessings,
Nell