This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every moring: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion saith my soul: therefore will I hope in him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3: 21-26

Friday, July 13, 2007

Scripture and Song

When my first baby was born I had what some might consider an odd choice for a lullaby. It was this song based on Lamentations 3: 21-26. It is a verse and song I continue to cling to over nine years later.

This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every moring: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion saith my soul: therefore will I hope in him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3: 21-26

The Steadfast Love of the LORD

The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases
His mercies never come to an end
They are new every morning, new every morning
Great is Thy faithfulness, O Lord,
Great is Thy faithfulness

Robert Davidson, (c) 1974,1975 by Celebration.


Sheryl over at Taking the Challenge hosts Faith-Lift Fridays. Join her and all of her friends for some uplifting thoughts to carry you through the weekend

. Updated to add Sheryl is giving the book The Store Keeper's Daughter away. Visit her and put your name in tonight!!

9 comments:

annie said...

I love that song! Thanks, now I'll have it in my head (& ♥) for the whole day :o)

Coach J said...

I don't know that song, but what a good lullaby to have!

sheryl said...

I cannot tell you how many times that passage of scripture has brought absolute comfort to my soul!
Usually my focus is on the portion about His compassions fail not and are new each morning...today what really struck me (and what I needed!) was the portion that said "It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD."
Thank you, thank you for sharing this today!!

KarenW said...

Awesome passage! Thanks so much for sharing.

Deborah Hooper said...

This is one of my favorite worship songs. It reminds me that we get just enough grace for today. Each day is a fresh supply.

Jennifer said...

What a beautiful choice of a lullaby, and what a wonderful reminder today! Thanks for sharing!

Liza's Eyeview said...

I love that song. thanks for the reminder - I think I'm going to sing that over and over again today :)

- PRACTiCAL CHiCK said...

Here is one of my favorite songs (well, chorus, rather):

Hallelujah He's a prayer answering God
Hallelujah He's a prayer answering God
For we have prayed in Jesus' Name
And by faith the answer came
Hallelujah He's a prayer answering God

Liza's Eyeview said...

coach j - here's the video of the song:

http://lizas-eyeview.blogspot.com/2007/07/steadfast-love-of-lord-never-ceases.html