This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every moring: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion saith my soul: therefore will I hope in him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3: 21-26

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Thursday Thirteen--Animals I Love to Visit at the Zoo

I love to visit a zoo where the animals are well cared for and education and conservation is a priority. There is little chance that I would see these fascinating animals any other way. Thirteen animals that joyfully proclaim a creative Creator.

The incredible giraffe.giraffe










The impervious rhinosoceros.rhinosceros








The ancient tortoise. tortoise










The sharks and the reef dwellers. shark



The grizzly bears and black bears.black bear



The placid tapirs.tapir










The colorful macaws. macaw












The majestic lions. lioness









The powerful and impressive silverback.

gorilla






The sweet tree kangaroo.



tree kangaroo












My very favorite mixed-up Okapi. Okapi










THE PURPOSE BEHIND THE THURSDAY THIRTEEN:The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. What do you do? Write Thirteen things about yourself, summarize your week in one entry, make it easy for other bloggers to get to know you on a weekly basis. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun!

8 comments:

GarthTrekker said...

Great pics & picks! Some of my favs as well. Lyn from Bloggin' Outloud

Joy T. said...

First time here for TT. Great list. I love going to the zoo. We don't have a very good one where I live, but we'll spend a couple days visiting a City about 3 hours away to go to a great zoo.

KarenW said...

Great pictures. Looks like a wonderful zoo.

annie said...

Love the ZOO too!

Alana said...

The giraffes are my favorite. So elegant...but HUGE up close!

Coach J said...

I'm with you!! These scream out about an Almighty Creator! Great list.

Jenny in Ca said...

great photos! I love macaws.

so grateful to be Mormon! said...

hey julie: thanks for stopping by. cool pics. i love animal pics. i really did see brown and black bears in the wild while we were driving through alaska and canada. hope your day is going great, take care, kathleen :)