This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every moring: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion saith my soul: therefore will I hope in him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3: 21-26

Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Thursday Thirteen--First Time!


Apparently it is the 100th Thursday Thirteen and the theme is thirteen favorite Thursday Thirteen posts. Since I'm a newbie at that we'll just have to settle for a boring introduction. The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun!

So...thirteen things you should know about me:

1) This is my first time to participate in Thursday Thirteen.

2) If I wanted to, I could throw rocks at Sonic from my backyard.

3) I would love to garden.

4) But I am raising children and the postage stamp yard won’t allow for it.

5) I am old enough to be my youngest son’s grandmother.

6) I have lived in this house longer than any other during my married life. We’ll have been her four years in October.

7) I’ve had my cats longer than I’ve had my husband.

8) I am really not a motivated person.

9) I love stories based on the King Arthur legend.

10) I love books.

11) I love coffee, but hate ants.

12) I love my family fiercely.

13) I love the LORD the best.

For more Thursday Thirteen participants visit the TT source.

16 comments:

Natalie said...

What a great list! Welcome to TT!

I am constantly reading & love the King Arthur legend, as well.

Happy TT :)

Gattina said...

I also had my cat before my husband, lol ! Of course it's not the same anymore but now we have 5 cats !

MommyBa said...

Welcome to Thursday Thirteen! I'm sure you'll enjoy it here :)

Great list and I'll see you around!

Happy thursday!

Amberly said...

We also have a postage stamp size yard! We like to joke and say that we could cut our grass with scissors! :)

Jeremy said...

I will trade 2.65 acres for the postage stamps, but I am going to keep my cat's... Happy TT

Coach J said...

I wish you could garden, too! And I didn't know you loved coffee--me, too! :) So, how many times have you moved, or is it finally "too many to count?

annie said...

Hey Julie!
I'm a sonic ice junkie, so I think being that close would be wonderful!
Great 13 list.
♥,
Annie

Barbara H. said...

Welcome to the T13! I participate in it off and on. I love the Lord, my family, and books, too. :-) I wish we had a Sonic's close by.

JennaG said...

I enjoyed reading your list so much. --I have to say that I am a country girl and wouldn't like living by Sonic at all--especially since I love Sonic ice cream. ooo, I'm afraid the pounds would gather. Hey, why haven't we exchanged our cards before. I read Coach J's post and saw that you sent her a couple. We should think about that.

Karen said...

I enjoyed reading your blog. Ditto for me on #s 5, 8 and 11. I especially enjoyed your Gratitude post of a few days ago.

Joy T. said...

Not boring at all. Great list. First time here through TT. Happy 100th TT Celebration!

Judi said...

Loved the list! I have a postage stamp yard too. Bummer. :)

Renee's Ramblings said...

Great list! I love anything to do with King Arthur as well. I'm tagging you for a "my four fav's" meme. Stop on over at my blog to find out more about it. Have a great weekend!

PS- If I was that close to Sonic, I'd be over there daily for Cherry Limeade!

Scribbit said...

Well for your first you've certain done a fine job! The lists are fun to do I think.

Carey said...

Great list. I too have had my cat longer than my husband, but only by a few months.

Leah in Iowa said...

It's been fun checking out your blog this afternoon. It's always cool to connect with another Christian homeschooler, too. Thanks for your emails. I'll be back often because I'M going to add YOU to MY bloglines!! =)