This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every moring: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion saith my soul: therefore will I hope in him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3: 21-26

Monday, July 2, 2007

Time Travel Tuesday--Wedding Day


Annie has asked us to travel down the memory lane again, pausing today at our wedding day. I posted my wedding story awhile back when I was giving away some books. So look here for details of my wedding--but, sadly, the book giveaway is over. (We'll have to do another giveaway in the not to far off future.)

My wedding is one of the happiest memories. I am so grateful that I am married to this wonderful guy.

The members of this wedding party picture are: my handsome brother-in-law, who I think looks like Jeremy Irons (more now as we are all aging). My wonderful friend who owns the lakehouse where we were married. Me--let's pretend I still look like that (except my slip is showing). My sweetheart, who looks more incredible now. My sweet sister. I wish you could see how long her hair was. And finally my husband's best man, who is no longer with us. This is a bittersweet picture because we miss him so much. He died more than seven years ago, but we think about him so often.

One thing I failed to mention in my original post is that I messed up the invitations. I put the wrong location address on them. What is even stranger is that two years later my honey and I house sat for the people who had the address I put on the invitations! Life is strange.

Visit Annie and all the other participants who travel through time on Tuesdays.

15 comments:

Overwhelmed! said...

Oh, how fun to see your wedding photo and hear of your memories of that day.

How amazing about the wedding invitation address.

Nancy Brown said...

Very cute. I think something has to go wrong on a wedding. That is what makes it memorable. How cute!!

kim said...

Very sweet--you were very brave planning an outdoor wedding! ;)
*smiles*
Kim

annie said...

Wow, you really had some obstacles and yet it seems to have turned out perfect. I love your colorful flowers, so vibrant and pretty. Amazing that your friend's water broke in your bed the night before! It's good that you have this written down, it will probably be retold for centuries :o).
Thanks for sharing your wedding.

Annie

Renee's Ramblings said...

Wow! You had a lot happen but the wedding came out great in the end. Thanks for sharing!

Jodi said...

Wow! You had lots going on right before you got married!! Glad everything came together! Your flowers were gorgeous!

Have a great Tuesady!
♥ Jodi

Sara said...

nice picture :) Love the dress.
Mine is up

Coach J said...

We're almost 15 years later, too! :) I like the blue on your wedding cake, and I like the simplicity of your wedding. I don't think you ever blow your budget by hiring a good photographer. I just wish you'd had more for a honeymoon! ;) Got your cards in the mail, and I LOVE THEM!! I'm taking pics to post this week. Thank you so much!

Judi said...

Whew! A lot happened! But it is good you have the story in print! A lot of times we don't take time to write down all the details and then when we can't remember...some of the story is lost. Sounds like a wonderful day to me!

Barbara H. said...

I don't know how I missed that first story! How funny. And so strange about the address thing! You're a lovely bride!

raising joey said...

Thats funny about the address mishap! Something always has to go wrong at a wedding!! Great story and beautiful picture!

Lauren@Baseballs&Bows said...

I had read your story before, but I am still amazed at how much happened on your wedding day! What a memorable event!

tonsofsons said...

How wonderful that you have a pic of your friend that is no longer here ~ and on such a special day, too.

KC said...

You look so pretty in your dress.
WOW what a story though, cats and babies and rain gutters OH MY.. :)
What a wonderful time travel today.
OH and BTW.. Oct is a great time of year to get married ;P

sheryl said...

And with all that happened, you looked absolutely beautiful and perfectly composed!!
Thanks for sharing the memories!