This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every moring: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion saith my soul: therefore will I hope in him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3: 21-26

Friday, August 3, 2007

Favorite Ingredients Friday


Fusilli with No-Cook Tomato Sauce
Courtesy of Good Housekeeping's Vegetarian Meals

1 package (16 oz.) long fusilli pasta
2 lbs. ripe tomoatoes (about 6 medium), cut into 1/2-inch pieces
1 cup packed fresh basil leaves, coarsely chopped
1/2 cup pimento-stuffed olives, chopped or salad olives
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper

1. In large saucepot, cook pasta as label directs. Drain.
2. Meanwhile, in large serving bowl, combine tomoatoes(with their juice), basil, olives, oil, vinegar, salt and pepper; stir gently to mix well.
3. Toss pasta with tomato sauce.

Join all the cooks at Overwhelmed With Joy's Favorite Ingredient's Friday.

8 comments:

Kathleen Marie said...

This sounds delicious! Thank you!

Happy Momma said...

Sounds delicous! Thanks for sharing this!!

Renee's Ramblings said...

This sounds delicious and simple! My kind of recipe. Thanks for sharing. Have a great weekend.

One Scrappy Gal said...

I just wanted to thank you for your book suggestion. I added it to my list of books to read. Right now, I'm working through the His Dark Materials series... the first book is The Golden Compass. It was a little slow reading but it's starting to pick up now. Will have to pick up yours next time I'm at the book store. :)

moving mama said...

This sounds really yummy! A must try!

Carey said...

Wonder what type of noodle is the fusilli, ive never heard of it. Thanks for sharing.

Magi said...

This sounds wonderful. Thanks!

Overwhelmed! said...

Okay, what's fusilli pasta? I don't think I've ever tried this before. :)

This recipe sounds great!

Thanks so much for participating in my Favorite Ingredients Friday recipe exchange. I do appreciate it.

I hope to see you again next Friday!