Thirteen things I learned from Harry Potter and JK Rowling:
1. The road to hell is paved with good intentions.
2. Things are never exactly what they seem.
3. Go with your gut.
4. Help those less fortunate—even if it doesn’t seem wise.
5. Don’t worry about what everyone else thinks…but…
6. Don’t think to highly of yourself.
7. A little help from your friends should never be turned down.
8. Help will always be there if you ask with your all your heart.
9. Truth always wins.
10. Don’t mess with a mom. (I love Molly Weasly.)
11. Love conquers all.
12. Don’t fear death.
13. Greater love hath no man than he who lays down his life for his friends. Whether she meant to or not…it is there.
Ready to read through the whole series again—but maybe better wait until I get a little housework done.
Find more TT participants!
THE PURPOSE BEHIND THE THURSDAY THIRTEEN: The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. What do you do? Write Thirteen things about yourself, summarize your week in one entry, make it easy for other bloggers to get to know you on a weekly basis. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well!