This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every moring: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion saith my soul: therefore will I hope in him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3: 21-26

Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Thursday Thirteen

Thirteen things I learned from Harry Potter and JK Rowling:


1. The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

2. Things are never exactly what they seem.

3. Go with your gut.

4. Help those less fortunate—even if it doesn’t seem wise.

5. Don’t worry about what everyone else thinks…but…

6. Don’t think to highly of yourself.

7. A little help from your friends should never be turned down.

8. Help will always be there if you ask with your all your heart.

9. Truth always wins.

10. Don’t mess with a mom. (I love Molly Weasly.)

11. Love conquers all.

12. Don’t fear death.

13. Greater love hath no man than he who lays down his life for his friends. Whether she meant to or not…it is there.

Ready to read through the whole series again—but maybe better wait until I get a little housework done.



Find more TT participants!

THE PURPOSE BEHIND THE THURSDAY THIRTEEN: The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. What do you do? Write Thirteen things about yourself, summarize your week in one entry, make it easy for other bloggers to get to know you on a weekly basis. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well!

15 comments:

Ben Clapton said...

Can't say that I'm much of a Harry Potter fan, only read the first book. But some very good advice there all the same.

SusieJ said...

I have not read the book yet -- but your list is beautiful.

Dapoppins said...

Wait...is there a hint in there about the last book. I haven't read it yet and no one will tell me anything!

Janine @ Moving Mama said...

JKR seems to have some good points to impart in HP - - Enjoyed your list...

The Crux said...

EXCELLENT list: I agree with all of it. Though, I would add re: #9: truth does win, but sometimes it takes patience to witness the victory.

Bss said...

I'm just reading the books for the first time. I'm on #4. So far, so good!

Carrie said...

Even though I haven't read HP, I loved this list. Such wise words!

Janet said...

Fantasic list, and I agree!

One Scrappy Gal said...

I'm sad that the series is over. I'm trying to find something else to fill the HP void in my life. Started the His Dark Materials series but so far, it doesn't hold the same magic that the HP books did. I'll have to re-read the series again and again and again...

Nancy said...

I have not read it yet. But, I would have to agree. I have read all the others.

J. Lynne said...

I love the way you worded #13. I've been thinking of #11 as "Love is the most powerful magic."

Great list! Happy TT!

Karen said...

I haven't read any of these books, but this is a great list! Mine is up at: http://momofajl.blogspot.com/2007/08/thursday-thirteen.html

Happy TT!

Luka said...

whoo hoo! I Love Molly too! :-)
i did TT too
http://www.incogblogo.net

Scribbit said...

And that Dumbledore is ALWAYS right. Trust him and tell him everything and then half the problems would be cut out. Of course the books would have been considerably shorter :)

so grateful to be Mormon! said...

amen sister! beautifully said as always :)