This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every moring: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion saith my soul: therefore will I hope in him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3: 21-26

Friday, September 14, 2007

Favorite Ingredients Fridays

Blueberry Buckle
1/4 cup butter, room temperature
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg
2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup milk
2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries, rinsed


Topping
1/4 cup butter, room temperature
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon


Cream 1/4 cup butter with 3/4 cup sugar; add egg and beat well.

Into a medium bowl sift together 2 cups flour, baking powder, and salt.

Add sifted ingredients to butter mixture alternating with 1/2 cup milk, beating until smooth.

Fold in blueberries.

Pour into a greased 9-inch square baking pan.

For topping, combine topping ingredients and blend well to form crumbs.Sprinkle topping crumbs over batter.

Bake at 375° for 35 minutes.

Visit Overwhelmed With Joy for more recipes from the participants of Favorite Ingredients Friday.

8 comments:

Raising Joey said...

Sounds yummy! Thanks for sharing!

Overwhelmed! said...

Okay, this Blueberry Buckle sounds like a blueberry crumble recipe. I love the name of this though. :) It sounds delicious!

Thanks for participating in my Favorite Ingredients Friday recipe exchange. I do appreciate it!

Betsy@TheHomeschoolWay said...

I love blueberry anything! Thanks!

JennaG said...

This sounds delicious--and if those pesky deer hadn't eaten all my blueberries this year, I would make some! Drat those deer.

Magi said...

Blueberries are big around our house. We'll have to try this.

Carey said...

sounds yummy! Ive got a freezer full of blueberries from our summer picking. Ill have to try this one. Thanks for sharing.

Renee's Ramblings said...

This sounds great! Thanks for sharing. Have a great weekend.

Common Mom said...

Oh YUMMY! I definitely have to try this - thanks for this recipe!