This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every moring: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion saith my soul: therefore will I hope in him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3: 21-26

Sunday, September 9, 2007

Grains of Gratitude

I didn’t post as much as I thought I might last week. Life seemed to require a lot from me and while I tried to catch up on my bloggy reading and commenting I didn’t get to visit everyone I wanted to and I really didn’t post much. But it was again a week filled with wonderful things to be grateful for.

The boys went back to dancing. I try not to boast often but I am incredibly proud of my young gentlemen and their talents. They both began the dance season with some fantastic teachers and were excited to see their friends they hadn’t seen for a while. I was blessed to be able to sit in on both their first classes and if I had buttons on they would have been busting. I am grateful my boys have an opportunity to use some of the gifts God has given them.

New piano books and a local store that is helpful and friendly! What a concept. Both boys are moving up in their piano playing and I am as tickled with the new books as they are. We will be revisiting some old favorite melodies soon and beginning some new and more difficult ones. The boys take after their father musically and I am really grateful for that!

I was grateful for the help we had getting the boys registered for church classes. They are excited to make new friends and to draw nearer to the LORD by learning more. How exciting!

We are all grateful for the safety that we had in traveling during some incredible storms. The boys and I were amazed and awestruck at the power of God’s creation. I just wished we could have viewed it from inside a house instead of inside the van. I would rank that as one of the five strongest storms I have been witness to.

We made a return trip to visit my dad and sister sooner than I planned. But I am grateful we did. There was actually more of a peace in going back than there was being at home wondering how things were going. We accomplished quite a bit of work and I think it helped me deal with missing Mom. I am grateful for my husband who understands my absences right now. I am grateful for homeschooling that allows us to pick up the work and travel as needed.

One of my jobs was to begin sorting out the family photographs. They have been jumbled in boxes for a long time and I’ve began the work of identifying, sorting and scanning them. To sit and look at photos brought back so many memories. I found my grandfather’s naturalization papers—that was exciting and I’ve found many, many treasures. Anyone with tips and experience doing this, feel free to share!

Looking back with gratitude for last week, looking forward in anticipation to what the new week holds.

Visit Christine at Brady’s Bunch, the originator of Grains of Gratitude.

Please bear with me as I try to catch up on life in the "real lane" as well as life in the "blog lane."
My blogging and forum friends are just as important to me as the ones I see daily, but family & faith needs are coming first and I am just a little behind. If I haven't visited in a few days, know that you will likely see me visiting by the end of the week. Thanks again for every comment, e-mail, card and call. I've felt all the prayers and support and have surely needed them.

3 comments:

Liza's Eyeview said...

good to read your post today :)

we're here - no worries if you miss some blogging days :)

Coach J said...

yeah, no worries if you miss some blogging day...it's just so good to know that your on the right road to healing! that's great news!

so grateful to be Mormon! said...

hi julie my friend,
i love your attitude of gratitude. good to see how you are doing so far. i hope you never feel obligated to contact others. i hope you just do what you feel you need and want to do. if people can not accept you for who you are, it is their loss, for i know you are truly a dear beautiful tender soul.

blessings to you and your boybarians this day,
still in my prayers friend,
kathleen :)