This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every moring: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion saith my soul: therefore will I hope in him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3: 21-26

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Thursday Thirteen

Thirteen Books On My List for Fall into Reading 2007

Katrina's Fall into Reading 2007 challenge begins on September 23rd and ends December 23rd. For the Spring Reading Thing I may have gotten a little carried away. I put sixteen books on my list and then went around and visited many other readers and got a few too many ideas. I thought for this fall a baker's dozen would be manageable, giving me room to add a few tempting reads along the way.

My books will include:

1. Nutcracker Nation by Jennifer Fisher
2. Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden
3. Sandworms of Dune by Brian Herbert and Kevin J. Anderson
4. Guardian of the Veil by Gregory Spencer
5. Eats, Shoots & Leaves by Lynne Truss
6. Dragonfly in Amber by Diana Gabaldon
7. The Shunning by Beverly Lewis (Book 1 in the Heritage of Lancaster County Series)
8. A Hideous Beauty by Jack Cavenaugh
9. Brink of Death by Brandilyn Collins (sent to me by my friend Coach Jenny)
10. The Other Boleyn Girl by Phillipa Gregory
11. The Divine Appointment by Jerome Teel
12. A Wizard of Earthsea by Ursula Le Guin (Book 1 in the Earthsea Cycle)
13. The Reckoning by Cynthia Harrod-Eagles (Book 15 of a series of 30 books that comprise the Morland Dynasty)

I will be joining Overwhelmed With Joy's Pay It Forward Book Exchange next week. On Tuesday I will have a post giving details on how to win The Road by Cormac McCarthy which I won from Overwhelmed a little while back. Stop back to enter.

Through the course of the reading challenge I will have other books to give away, so if you don't win one, stop back and see what else is on the giveaway list.

THE PURPOSE BEHIND THE THURSDAY THIRTEEN:The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. What do you do? Write Thirteen things about yourself, summarize your week in one entry, make it easy for other bloggers to get to know you on a weekly basis. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged!

37 comments:

mother of hana - the writer said...

Oh, you're gonna love #2...I've read it and love it.

:D

Happy TT

Karen said...

Memoirs of a Geisha and The Divine Appointment are both REALLY good! I have a copy of Guardian of the Veil that I haven't read yet. I am thinking of joining the Fall Reading Challenge, I just need to get a list together. I also participate in the Pay-It-Forward Book Exchange, it is so much fun:-) Happy TT!

Bloggers said...

Memoirs is one of my fave books.
I just got through reading all of the odd thomas books by dean koontz and they were great.

my 13 is up
http://momworksathome.blogspot.com

IRENE said...

I am a bit hesitant about joining the challenge. But there is so much consolation in reading a good book, so I might as well try!
Enjoy TT and the challenge.

Vickie said...

I am going now to look at the challenge. Great list of book!

Melanie said...

I love to read, it's just so hard to find the time! What a great list of books you have to read.

Christine said...

That's a great list of books! There's several on your list that I'd like to read eventually. Happy TT!

Sheryl said...

Nice variety! I need to get my pile together and list them too. Will you be reviewing the books you read?
BTW...If you ever do get out our way, hopefully you and I could share a cuppa coffee/tea and a visit. :)

Qtpies7 said...

The Shunning is good! Her Abram's Daughter series is my absolute favorite though.

I want to read Eat, Shoots and leaves.

Thanks for visiting my blog and commenting on my meeting Beverly Lewis. My TT is up now.

{Karla} said...

My T13 list is of Excellent Christian fiction.

Come check it out - maybe you'll find something else to add to your list!

Blessings,
Karla

Deb - Mom of 3 Girls said...

That's a great list! I love Diana Gabaldon's books - you've got to read the first in the series, if you haven't already! :)

TeaMouse said...

Fall time is one of my favorite times to read - nothing like curling up with a good book.

Leah in Iowa said...

Good for you ~ you've already got your post written! =) I'm working on my list, and it's growing daily. Ugh. I should start with a very small list with the thought that I'll see some appealing titles on other blogs and add them to my list. It's my first Challenge, so I'm excited!

Nicholas said...

It always gives a little buzz to see a book on someone's list that I have read! You'll enjoy the Lynne Truss book.

L^2 said...

I haven't read any of these yet, but several are on my list. Maybe I'll get to them someday. :-)

Madame Rubies said...

Memoirs of a Geisha is one o fmy faves.

Coach J said...

OK, I'm going to have to read Memoirs of a Geisha. This book is coming up too often not to check it out.
Also, I have the rest of Brandilyn Collin's series to send to you :) I'll get that done soon. Unfortunately, soon is relative around here. Hopefully you'll get it before you finish Book 1, so that if you love it, you can finish the series. I read all 4 within a week. I just hope you like them as well as I did.

Once Upon a Dream... said...

Awesome list!!! Will be back to read your reviews.

ellen b said...

Great idea in combining this with your TT! :) Happy fall reading...

Susanne said...

I really enjoyed the whole series by Beverly Lewis. Your list looks good. Happy reading.

Katrina said...

Looks like a great list! And I especially love that you have a grammar book on your list (I've read that one and liked it). Thanks for being part of Fall into Reading 2007!

Nise' said...

I recently finished Brink of Death and am on the last book in the series Web of Lies. Great series! I loved the Gabaldon series of books.

Sandra said...

Great list you have, I've read the Shunning by Beverly Lewis and really enjoyed it, can't wait to hear your review :)

Lana G! said...

Several unknowns for me on your list...will have to check these out!

Happy Reading!

Heidi @ GGIP said...

I just read the Other Boleyn Girl. I enjoyed it very much and learned a lot from it, even though it is not totally historicallly accurate.

I have been wanting to read the Lancaster County series because I live nearby.

Deena said...

I look forward to reading your reviews on these...and I may have to "pick" some of your selections and add them to my own:-)

Jennifer, Snapshot said...

I meant to put Eats, Shoots and Leaves on my list too. Hmmmm, I wonder if I'll get to it?

VAIL said...

I like your list! Will be entering Tuesday for The Road, since I didn't win it from Overwhelmed! I have a drawing going on at my blog right now, feel free to stop by!

Much Ado said...

Great list! I want to read Eats, Shoots and Leaves soon....actually I saw a children's edition of it, which was pretty cool.

Meg said...

Great list! I have enjoyed all of Beverly Lewis' books. The Divine Appointment looks like a very interesting read. I'm going to have to put it on my wishlist. I already have made a rather long list for the fall but its always subject to change to add another good book :). Thanks for sharing your list. I look forward to reading your reviews. Have a blessed day.

Lauren@Baseballs&Bows said...

I don't think I have read any of these! I would like to read Memoirs of a Geisha. Let us know what you think of it!

LoveMyStarr said...

I loved the movie Memoirs of a Geisha! I'll be adding it to my future list!

Renee's Ramblings said...

Great book list! I've marked the Memoirs of a Geisha and The Shunning to add to my next book of lists to read. Happy Reading!

freetofly said...

Hi there! Discovered your site yesterday. It is wonderful! I just started trying Blogging out last week. I will be linking back to your site if you don't mind. You have some great books listed. I used to read like this, have not had time (or made time) to read this way for a long while. I still read, just not this way. But, fall & winter are here, it is a good idea to give it another go! I am particularly interested in this book. Sounds like I will have to fill my Barnes & Noble cart! If you like, drop me an e-mail sometime @ freetofly@cfaith.com or check my blog (remember I am a greeeeeeen beginner) P.S. I homeschool, also! Here is my site

http://inchristwearefreetofly.blogspot.com/

Kelli in the Mirror said...

Brandilyn Collins is really good. Also Wizard of Earthsea. Great list!

Sherry said...

Great list of books! I love Beverly Lewis books and I am a huge fan of Philippa Gregory!

Sherry

Misadventures of the Dynamic Uno said...

Dragonfly in Amber is a great addition to Gabaldon's series. I can't wait to read some of your reviews--you have a great list!
Happy Reading!