This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every moring: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion saith my soul: therefore will I hope in him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3: 21-26

Sunday, October 28, 2007

Grains of Gratitude


For a husband who works all hours and still offers to help with the dishes and the boys. Father, thank you, I am so very grateful.

For children who love me for better or worse--even though they didn't have a choice in the matter, I am so grateful.

For friends who can sit by me and unlike Job's friends, know how to just sit and not judge, I am grateful.

For friends who reach across the internet to someone they've not met and bless them with kindness and spread sunshine, I am amazed and grateful.

For a messy house that is comfortable, a backyard that needs mowed, a car that needs an oil change, too many places to go and too many projects to count, I know I have been blessed.

Heavenly Father, thank you for all your your gifts you have graced me with. My cup is overflowing and my heart is too. Help me to keep my eyes upon You, LORD and not allow myself to get bogged down. Thank You for your Son and your Spirit, give me wisdom and courage to do what I should.

Have a beautiful week everyone!

Grains of Gratitude started with Christine at Brady's Bunch--she's a wonderful Wonder Woman!

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

What a beautiful list...and I can so relate to every item on it! God blesses us so much through even the difficult times. You continue to be in my thoughts and prayers, and will continue to be during this first holiday season without your mom. That is a hard season, I know.

Thank you always for your sweet comments on my blog...you always encourage me and brighten my day! (And sorry about the post about the Kisses...they have them in toffee crunch, too! Yummm...;-))

Have a very blessed week!

Renee's Ramblings said...

God truly does bless us even in our challenges and struggles, though sometimes I forget to stop and see the blessings. Thanks for reminding me to do that and thanks for sharing this beautiful post!

freetofly said...

See this is why I enjoy your blog, Julie! This is a very inspirational post, which we can all relate to.

Thank you for pointing us to gratitude.

Much sweetness I pray in your life today,
Maria

Sheryl said...

Beautiful! I recently told a friend exactly what you put down here..."thanks for just listening and not judging...for letting me think some things through out loud."
Isn't that such a priceless gift?
Praying you have a blessed week!

SAHMmy Says said...

A beautiful prayer of thanksgiving! I can heartily echo each and every blessing. Your blog is very uplifting!