This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every moring: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion saith my soul: therefore will I hope in him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3: 21-26

Sunday, October 28, 2007

My Heart is Touched

I have to tell you, I've been really down lately. There are some health issues (not visible to the general public, thankfully), there's been some worries about the stability of my husband's position due to an acquisition of his company, there's been lingering sadness since Mom died. And some days it's seemed too much.

But God has surrounded me with wonderful people who will not let me sink too low. My darling of a husband and my incredible boys have been so helpful and caring. I am graced with some super IRL friends. And some lovely bloggers, not knowing all that has been on my heart felt moved to bless me with some awards. And I've been humbled and heartened by their sweet words of affirmation. They've brought me sunshine and helped me re-focus on finding joy. So now it is time to pass the bloggy sweetness on!

Coach Jenny blessed me with the Mathetes Award. This award originated with Dan King of Management by God. What a totally wonderful award. Dan says: Mathetes is the Greek word for disciple, and the role of the disciple (per the Great Commission) it to make more disciples. Tears came to my eyes when I read this one. These bloggers have blessed me with their discipleship:

Deb on the Run. Debbi is someone I met on a homeschool forum. She's shared her spiritual travels with me (and others), she's answered questions and has been such an encourager during my searching. Reading her blog is a peaceful pause for me. She's not going to be able to avoid meeting me someday. Look out Deb!

Lizzie at A Dusty Frame. Lizzie is traveling a road that no one wants to be on. But she does it with grace and total reliance on God. Lizzie has strength that only comes from drawing on The Living Well. She is transparent and by sharing her life encourages her readers to keep striving.

Deborah at The Rose Bee. Deborah has wonderful devotionals. I am so inspired reading her blog. Her insights are wonderful and have been so timely to remind me of the Father's love.

Free to Fly gave me the Wonder Woman Award. This award originated at Chrissy's This and That. I don't know how I merit for this, but gratefully I will point you to some wonderwomen I know:

Christine at Brady's Bunch. If you've ever visited Christine before you will know what I mean. She's a six kid mom, she does it all and smiles and shares her life with us as she does it. Grains of Gratitude originated with her and I've participated for quite a while.

Annie at My Life as Annie. Annie is another mom who does it all. She keeps up with her children and I am going to show up at her door at supper time one of these days--Have you seen what she feeds her family? She has awesome menus, with yummy recipes. She could just adopt me! Annie also is hostess to Time Travel Tuesday, a fun way to get to know other bloggers.

Lizzie at A Dusty Frame. Lizzie--you just deserve it.

Renee at Two Peas in a Pod shared the Community Blogger Award which originates at with Cellobella.

Jen at Jen Robinson's Book Page. Jen is a woman with a mission. She spreads the word about children's literature so well. Her reviews and insights on kid-lit books are so helpful. I have no idea when she sleeps!

Leah at South Breeze Farm. Leah is a fun blogger who likes to reach out to her fellow bloggers. She also has started a recipe blog with other tasty cooks. I always enjoy exchanging thoughts with Leah.

Katrina at Callapidder Days. Katrina is the lovely hostess of the Fall Into Reading and Spring Reading Thing challenges. She has given away sooooooooooooo many books. She has really gotten a lot of reading bloggers together.

And Jenileigh at Jenileigh's Journey passed me the Thoughtful Blogger Award.

Karen at Surviving Motherhood. She is such an encourager to moms all over. Her posts are filled with grace and compassion. And she never lets you feel like you are alone. She's written a book too!

Renee at Two Peas in a Pod. She is kindness personified. She is someone who leaves thoughtful comments and seems like someone who would be so great to have coffee or tea with!

Coach Jenny even though I gave her this award before, it still holds true. She has blessed me so often. I am so grateful she has become a bloggy friend.

11 comments:

A Dusty Frame said...

You are too kind! Thank you!
What an encouragement!!

I'm sorry about your mother.
Lizzie

Jen Robinson said...

Thanks so much for thinking of me! Your words (here and on my own blog) mean a lot. It's especially helpful for me to know that parents like yourself find what I'm doing to be useful. That's what really keeps me going.

As for when I sleep, well, sleep is a bit over-rated. But I have mastered the art of working on the blog while watching sporting events on television, and that helps.

Sorry about your Mom. But I'm glad that you are able to find sunshine in so many places. Enjoy your Sunday!

annie said...

Aw thanks Julie, you're welcome for dinner anytime!

Liza's Eyeview said...

well deserved awards.
I just said a prayer for you and your family...hoping you'd feel better, health issues will be healed, hubby's job will be ok; and joy will be your strength in times of sorrow...

DebD said...

Wow you have been blessed! It is well deserved too. How sweet of you to do this for me... I really would like to meet you IRL someday.

Irritable Mother said...

Thank you so very much. I truly appreciate what you said about my posts being filled with grace and compassion. Sharing those gifts with other moms is really what I want to do!
Love,
Karen

Katrina said...

Oh, thank you for the award. I am honored that you would choose me!

Renee's Ramblings said...

Thank you so much for this award and for your kind words; I am truly honored. I don't think we live near each other but maybe someday we'll get to meet. I would love to chat over a cup of coffee or tea with you! I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Take care!

freetofly said...

I am so glad to see you have been recognized in such appropriate ways!

It looks to me like Someone reached through bloggyville to encourage you! He can reach us where ever we are...

Maria

kim said...

I am so sorry you are traveling through this valley. It sounds like the awards brought you a bit of joy and encouragement and that is what I see as the purpose of these blog awards. I hope your week is going better--thanks for commenting on my blog--and yes,I did take the picture of the gerber dasies in my photo-hunt entry. I purchased them at the grocery store last spring and snapped pictures of them--not realizing how vibrant those shots would turn out to be.

Be blessed and hugs from me to you--
Kim

Leah in Iowa said...

You are so sweet, Julie! Thanks for thinking of me. I accept your award with a thankful heart! =)