Cue the soft violin music, warm summer night, looking out over a moonlit lake.
Over fifteen years ago my darling looked into my
Was that a proposal or what? I’m just saying…
And it the romance has not stopped since.
So I give you Thirteen goofy things that happened in the process of getting married.
1. I put the wrong address on the wedding invitations. Thankfully my husband to be noticed and we put a note about that on the enclosed map.
2. My friend went into labor the night before the day before my wedding…in my bed.
3. It snowed the day before our OUTDOOR wedding.
4. I slept with the wedding cake because I was terrified my friend’s cat would climb it during the night.
5. My sister finished sewing on my dress the day of our wedding.
6. I got my veil caught in the rain gutter.
7. The wedding video shot by my husband’s cousin shows primarily my shoulder and the best man.
8. My slip is showing in approximately half of the wedding pictures. Classy folks, I’m telling you.
9. We were supposed make a grand exit in my friends boat…all the guest left before that could happen so we just packed up the gifts in my little Lynx and drove off into the sunset…
10. …to a fishing cabin with no phone access and very little heat.
11. I had to have breakfast with my mother-in-law two days after we got married.
12. We came home to a backed up sink. My future ex-brother-in-law poured sulphuric acid down the drain…
13. …and our homecoming smelled like rotten eggs.
Our life has been anything but traditional. I am so grateful for the wonderful man that I married. Praying for at least 15 more nutty years.
THE PURPOSE BEHIND THE THURSDAY THIRTEEN:The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. What do you do? Write Thirteen things about yourself, summarize your week in one entry, make it easy for other bloggers to get to know you on a weekly basis. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged!
The TT Hub