This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every moring: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion saith my soul: therefore will I hope in him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3: 21-26

Sunday, November 4, 2007

Grains of Gratitude

This week I am going to remember to be grateful that my husband has a job. Even though the job and the circumstances are threatening to stress us both out.

Situations have become crises causing the Cave Geek to leave the house within about a half hour of coming home Friday night. He and his geeky counterpart worked until 3 a.m. or so Saturday morning, came home and then had a confrence call until five.

Yes, I am happy he has a job.

I am also happy that MY friend (well she is my husband's friend too) called and had ONE spare ticket to a professional football game. The Cave Geek needs a little R&R and I think this will be good for him. I've just reminded him that was she not MY friend (first) he would not be going. He really can use this and I am excited for him. I can live without the football.

I am grateful that Boo is pretty good at taking meds. (Something Roo wasn't good at for a long time.) Unfortunately we've gotten to practice because he is fighting the sinus bug/cold that seems to be getting passed around. He is much more susceptible to those things than Roo is. But he is improving and that is a good thing.

This week my father, my sister and her children will be descending on my tiny home and we will be having an early Thanksgiving-Birthday extravaganza. We will not ALL be together on the actual turkey day, so we are starting a new tradition. In the past we've always done birthdays at my parents' house, but with rehersals and classes taking up so much time, my sister generously volunteered to come to visit. Oh!! And it is watch week so the cousins will be able to go to the boys classes. So it will look like Roo and Boo have their own audiences. Too much fun!!

I am grateful for friends the LORD has placed around me. There are a couple new ladies who a year ago I was acquainted with, but have recently become much more close and dear to me. They have provided support in ways I would have not thought possible before. God always has surprises.

Also I am thankful for Leah at SouthBreeze Farm who is being the hostess for a month of thankfulness. She started the I'm Giving Thanks challenge and it is never to late to start doing that.

As always Grains of Gratitude is the brainchild of Christine at Brady's Bunch. The weekly opportunity to give thanks for the blessings I've received each week has really given me a chance to think.

I am grateful for my blogging friends who have shared so much so freely.

What are you grateful for?

3 comments:

Renee's Ramblings said...

What a beautiful post! Thank you for sharing and I'll be keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers! Take care!

freetofly said...

Praying for your family in this trying time. So glad he got the blessing of that ticket!

See ya'!
maria

so grateful to be Mormon! said...

beautiful julie.

happy for you also how some friends have grown closer to you, too. i love how you said God has surprises for us sometimes.

i love and have found so much comfort in the scripture from john 16:20 i think about ... out of your sorrow will come joy. during two really tough losses in my life, that scripture gave me comfort and something to cling on to when i needed it.

blessings this day hon, kathleen :)