This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every moring: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion saith my soul: therefore will I hope in him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3: 21-26

Friday, December 14, 2007

Good Christian Men, Rejoice!

Good Christian men, rejoice with heart and soul, and voice;
Give ye heed to what we say: News! News! Jesus Christ is born today;
Ox and ass before Him bow; and He is in the manger now.
Christ is born today! Christ is born today!

Good Christian men, rejoice, with heart and soul and voice;
Now ye hear of endless bliss: Joy! Joy! Jesus Christ was born for this!
He has opened the heavenly door, and man is blest forevermore.
Christ was born for this! Christ was born for this!

Good Christian men, rejoice, with heart and soul and voice;
Now ye need not fear the grave: Peace! Peace! Jesus Christ was born to save!
Calls you one and calls you all, to gain His everlasting hall.
Christ was born to save! Christ was born to save!

Latin-Heinrich Suso/English-John M. Neale

5 comments:

Heidi @ GGIP said...

That one is a particularly festive tune.

Coach J said...

Amen. What great words to read today :)

Gene Bach said...

You should record yourself singing that and post it here. ;-)

Joyful Days said...

No, no, no, no...NO ONE wants to hear me sing.

gemma said...

Yours is the most wonderful place to visit this Christmas season. I always feel in the Christmas spirit when I stop by. Thank you.