This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every moring: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion saith my soul: therefore will I hope in him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3: 21-26

Monday, December 10, 2007

Grains of Gratitude: The Monday Edition

The lack of my Grains of Gratitude posting is not indicative of my actual gratefulness. The LORD has been extremely kind to my family in so many things, I cannot begin to express. But I need to try.

I have been grateful for the traveling mercies we have received, these last few weeks, especially. I have been seriously questioning my parenting skills. The weather has been dubious at best and we have had commitments to keep. We have had to drive in some awful weather and thankfully we have made our destinations safely.

My husband has started a new job. While it may not be a place to retire, it may be a place to grow and learn and provide for our family. It seems to be where God wants him to be right now.

Friends have been a blessing. One particular friend has proven herself “a friend indeed.” She’s seen me at my worst and close to my best and is a consistent friend. She’s walked many of the same roads as I have and offers some fantastic advice and insight. Thanks T!

We are extremely grateful my friend J has had her new little baby girl. Two pounds less than Roo when he was born, almost three pounds less than Boo when he was born the tiny little girl came about twenty days early. But she and her mommy are healthy and safe. Praise the LORD.
Homeschool has proved to be a good thing for us and we are pretty much on track. We will be doing some holiday things and some fun things, but we are grateful to be ready to take a bit of a break.

I am thankful my sister has found a new job. This will mean that she will be giving up homeschooling her daughter in January, and likely her son in the fall, but we believe God is answering prayer in this and that He will continue to be faithful in all their needs. We just need to look for the mercies that we may not be aware He wants to bestow.

The friends that have been made while this blog have been a source of joy and comfort this year. I am so grateful for you all.

What are you grateful for?

Grains of Gratitude is home with Christine of Brady’s Bunch.

4 comments:

Heidi @ GGIP said...

I like how your sentiment and the "grains of gratitude" name of the post mesh so well together.

Scribbit said...

Always a good reminder to be grateful. Thanks.

Jenny in Ca said...

really nice post, good for your hubby and the new job! I've had some parenting challenges the last couple of days too, I'm right there with you...I'm grateful for all my kids, even when they drive me to insanity.

blessings to you this week,

so grateful to be Mormon! said...

julie,
you are awesome. thank you for the grateful reminder doll. take care friend, kathleen :)