This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every moring: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion saith my soul: therefore will I hope in him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3: 21-26

Saturday, December 22, 2007

Grains of Gratitude—Christmas Edition

I am grateful that my husband and I got to watch our sons together on stage yesterday. I was blown away by who they have become. They are very confident young men and I have to admit that I cried watching. I could not help but think my mother would have been so proud. I am so proud. And without planning one of my dear friends had seats for herself and her husband beside us. It was a happy accident, that was such a blessing. And her daughter was entirely too adorable. So we were very happy to sit together and nudge and say, "Look!! LOOOK!!."

I am grateful for my husband who did the driving. The weather decided to challenge us and while I have done my share of winter roads this year already, it was nice to be a passenger.

I am grateful for the people who have blessed me with their friendship this year. There have been quiet golden spots of kindness that will glow forever in my heart. These are the people that have surprised me with their compassion and ability to see beneath the veneer that I sometimes often wear.

I am grateful for our church and for the friendships that are developing there. It is there that I have found the peace and comfort to continue some days when I was very low. I know God is with us every moment of our lives if we choose to let Him be, but there are times when we need to move out of our lives and into a set aside and holy place where the whole point of the building is devoted to God. He will meet us anywhere, but sometimes the physical act of worship is a blessing.

This year has flown! I remember this time last year I was gathering up the courage to blog. I was trying to figure out what I wanted my blog to be and wondering if anyone would read it. Well it has turned out to be so much different than I planned, but so much more of a blessing than I ever dreamed. I am amazed at the visitors I have had and am so grateful for each one who has blessed me with a comment or encouraged me with an e-mail.

Christine at Brady's Bunch is the originator of Grains of Gratitude.

Have a very sweet and joyful Christmas everyone.

Photo courtesy of Public Domain Pictures.net

2 comments:

Renee's Ramblings said...

How neat to your boys in the Nutcracker! I am so glad that you chose to start blogging. You have blessed me so much and I am really glad we have met through blogging!


Merry Christmas!

Heidi @ GGIP said...

I'm glad the performance went well.

Happy Christmas!