This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every moring: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion saith my soul: therefore will I hope in him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3: 21-26

Thursday, December 20, 2007

Thursday Thirteen

With Christmas time and some free time coming up, we are planning on playing some games. They really don't have anything to do with "The Real Reason for the Season," but they are fun and if you don't have them and are brave enough to forge off to the toy store, I would highly recommend them.

So I give you:



Thirteen Games I Like




UnoUno









CribbageCribbage








Phase 10 Phase 10










BoggleBoggle












Scrabble Scrabble










SorrySorry









Othello Othello








MancalaMancala





Chinese CheckersChinese Checkers












JengaJenga












YahtzeeYahtzee












Skip-BoSkip-Bo












ClueClue













What games do you recommend that are not on my list?

Thursday Thirteen Hub!

THE PURPOSE BEHIND THE THURSDAY THIRTEEN:
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. What do you do? Write Thirteen things about yourself, summarize your week in one entry, make it easy for other bloggers to get to know you on a weekly basis. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged!

19 comments:

Jeannine said...

Cool list! Have got a number of these games myself!
Merry Christmas!

Cocoa said...

Scrabble is my absolute favorite. Other fun family games are Apples to Apples, SET, and Blink.

pussreboots said...

Clue is a favorite of mine. Happy TT.

Nicholas said...

I love cribbage. Best card game in the world!

Bloggers said...

UNO is so much fun.

I have not played it in so long.

My 13 is up on Working at Home Mom

Sandy Carlson said...

You have many of our best games up there, including Othello. We have one that is similar in concept called Corridor that we love, too. Merry Christmas.

DrillerAA said...

Scrabble, Boggle, Uno, and Yatzee are among our family favorites. I have a cousin who absolutely hates Sorry because I don't think he has ever won.
Love the list.

Merry Christmas and Happy TT

Lazy Daisy said...

Our family loves board games and have played most of these. My grandmother taught us how to play Parchessi and is the all time champ.

Ornery's Wife said...

I have played all but a couple on your list, and cribbage is my all-time favorite. Ornery beat me the other day with a 28 hand, only the third I've ever seen in over 35 years of playing the game.

I'd love to come over and play...
TM
PS Thanks for visiting Miller Manor! Happy TT

Smiler said...

I only know a few of these but it's a fun list. Haven't played Clue in ages and I miss it. There's always Monopoly of course...
Happy TT!

ellen b. said...

We love games around here too! This last year it's been Mexican Train and Settlers...

Sandee (Comedy +) said...

My husband just won't play board games. It's a shame because I so love them. Great group you have here. Have a great TT. :)

Dapoppins said...

Great games...we actually play some of them!

Janet said...

I can recommend Apples to Apples, a GREAT fun game!

Ann said...

If you haven't played Sequence, I'd bet you'd like it, given the other games on your list!

Coach J said...

You need to add Farkle! Your family would love it!

annie said...

We used to play a lot of taboo! It was fun & funny!
Merry Christmas!
love,
Annie

Cindy said...

I love all of those! We've also gotten addicted to Blokus and Take Two which is a fun game that has similarities to Scrabble. And lots of card games- Euchre, Up and Down the River, Spoons, etc.

tommie said...

we play phase 10, but usually make it phase evens since it takes so long!

thanks for visiting my tt