This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every moring: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion saith my soul: therefore will I hope in him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3: 21-26

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Venturing Out Again...

After two days of imposed, but much needed, weather-related vacation I think we are ready to face the world again. At least I know I am. Because of ice in our area we stayed home for two blissful days of going nowhere, baking sweets and doing blissfully little else. We stayed in our jammies, showered and then put on clean jammies. ‘Tis time for some real clothes…

My prayers are offered for those that the storms affected in a much more hurtful way. I know that many are without power and that the ice caused a lot of damage to homes and trees and all manner of things people care about. It is amazing how different things are a few hours away from us.

We will be venturing out today for some final classes. Our teachers’, piano players’, and friends’ little gifts are all wrapped and ready. They came together amazingly well. The boys were happy to help with the assembly. We simply filled holiday mugs with cocoa mix, cider mix, teas, caramels, peppermints and a mini-Toblerone or two. I really am lame when it comes to those kind of things. But tomorrow is a big library day and then we will begin some more baking next week for family. Only five more Nutcracker performances on our schedule!! Whew!! It has been fun for the boys, but very tiring for the chauffeur.

How are you all weathering the season?

2 comments:

Kelli said...

It's been cold here, so lots of baking. Although there is snow on the mtns, we are fine :)

Can't wait to see pics of the Nutcracker!

freetofly said...

If you get this twice, sorry! My 1st 'dist-appeared' on me! :)

I am so glad to know you all were spared the worst of the storms. I was out of touch with the news this week (very unusal!) so didn't even know they were going on.

I love that you made these sweet gifts up with your sons. It is such a great way to instill the joy of giving!

Merry, Merry Christmas!
Maria