This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every moring: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion saith my soul: therefore will I hope in him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3: 21-26

Monday, January 28, 2008

...and the Little One Said, “Roll over! Roll Over!!”

So they all rolled over and Mom fell out.

Remember that old song? Well I slept it...or rather experienced it last night. Because...

Last night someone…someonenot me, someone decided to show our oldest the old Mich@el J@ckson “Thrill3r” music video. (Intentional mis-spelling to avoid spiders and trolls and general unwanted attention--sorry.)

Because there was dancing in there. And because our children like ballet.

See the connection? Neither did I.

Roo got only a few seconds into the video and freaked out. We are talking really upset. Never did get to the dancing. Uh-uh, no-way, no-how, was he going to watch zombies and Frankensteins dance. I don't blame him. Dumb video, if you ask me. But I digress...

So, ooooohhhh…round about bedtime, Boo, who did NOT even see the video, got to thinking about it and got the heebie-jeebies.

Guess where and with whom two boys decided to sleep last night. Guess who did not have a good night’s sleep.

The boys slept great, Thankyouverymuch.

And the video show-er slept elsewhere. Like a rock…

Which is part of why I am caffeinating this afternoon.

Next time, he gets to sleep with them.

I'm just saying...

8 comments:

Donna said...

Yes, he should have to sleep with them, him and his bright ideas!

Heidi @ GGIP said...

I heard a Michael Jackson song on the radio just yesterday and was bopping in the car to the music. That was a creepy video if I remember correctly.

Alicia said...

I am laughing with you! You should do a search on youtube, though. There is a really funny version with a wedding party dancing an obviously rehearsed rendition at the reception.

luvmy4sons said...

Oh Julie. Been there done that. Men sure do see things differently. My husband thought it okay to let my second son when he was three see the Steven King movie "It" with the murderous clown. He told me he wasn't watching it just flipping to it now and then and my son wasn't even paying attention! Yeah! I ended up having to annoint his head with oil and pray over him while he was sleeping and talk to him about how "It is finished" and what Jesus did etc...before the nightmares quit! The way you worded it though-lovely! Truth, but not disrespectful! Too hilarious! Sorry for your lack of sleep!

Jennifer said...

I am laughing with you this morning for sure...I can so see that whole episode happening at our house!;-) And why *is* it that the "video show-er" always seems to end up sleeping "elsewhere. Like a rock..."?? *Rolling Eyes* :-D Hope you've gotten some rest by now!!

freetofly said...

So funny! I can so picture this!

Renee's Reading Corner said...

Been there and done that but with another video. Hope you are getting better sleep now.

freetofly said...

Julie this was just too funny...you were a real good sport to be the one to lose sleep! It must be love!


:)