This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every moring: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion saith my soul: therefore will I hope in him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3: 21-26

Saturday, January 26, 2008

I Can’t Believe She Wants to Know MORE about Me

Shalee certainly is a glutton for punishment tagged me for a meme. Shalee also tagged me for a meme way back here. She knew I was weird even before she met me. But since she lied and didn’t tell the world how bad I was was so nice and said lovely things when she did meet me, I’m going to play along. Because I don’t talk about myself enough.

Cough, sputter, SNORT!

But since I did this one before, I am tweaking it a little because who wants to listen to the same junk you all want to know MORE about me!

Four jobs you've had in your life
Four jobs I wish I had been able to have:
Ophthalmologist (I was a Certified Ophthalmic Assistant and was so impressed with the doctors I worked with.)
Librarian (You work with books!)
Proofreader (Not good at proofing my own, but love to edit others.)
Bookstore owner (I'm sure this would be hard to understand, seeing as how I never talk about reading and books, books, and more books!)

Four movies that you would watch over and over
Four movies I want to watch soon that I’ve not seen:
One Night with the King
Memoirs of a Geisha

Pride and Prejudice (all of them)
Beowulf & Grendal

Four TV shows that you love to watch (or used to watch)—Used to watch before children (and computers):
ER
JAG
West Wing

M*A*S*H

Four places you've lived
Four places I wish I lived:
The Island of Sodor
Narnia
Dinotopia
The 100 Acre Wood

Four places you've been on vacation

Four (actually 13) vacations I want to take:
The Shire
Camelot
The Island of Avalon
Hogwarts

Four websites you visit daily:
Pastor Al
The Weather Channel
My Way Photos—both “User Photos” and “Pet Photos
Bloglines—where I see if you’ve posted something new for me, me, just for ME!

Four of your favorite foods:
Bread
Pumpkin Bread
Banana Bread
Cheesecake of any variety

Four places you would rather be right now:
Heaven
New Zealand
England
Rivendell

Four people I’m tagging:
Leslie at Do You Weary Like I Do?
Maria at Free to Fly
Kim at mom-musings
Sheryl at Taking the Challenge

8 comments:

DebD said...

You and I want to go to several of the same places.

I haven't thought about the Island of Sodor in years. My youngest just isn't into them like my oldest was. Of course, I don't think its all that easy to find the ones with Ringo in them and they were the best.

Shalee said...

Lies my foot! You were way nicer than me. I liked the way you tweaked it. Very fun!

Renee's Reading Corner said...

Great post! I enjoyed getting to know you better.

luvmy4sons said...

Thanks for stopping by. And give me time... and I will let you know when mine is up!

Jendi said...

I have One Night With the King on DVD. If you were next door you could borrow it. I think it's pretty good.
Thanks for stopping by my blog.
I set up the stuff and my husband took the picture for my header. He set up his tripod and took a bunch of pics with myriad settings, lightings, etc.
Have a great day!

freetofly said...

Julie, I liked this "wishlist" style so much, I almost did the same! But, I figured, save something for next time!

Loved seeing your choices! Cheesecake, mmmmmyummy! & Rivendell & Narnia! Yippee!

& This is probably completely shallow, so forgive me, but, I was just telling my hubby (re: old TV shows) I wish they would bring back on reruns the Bob Newhart show, you know "Hi, this is my brother Daryl, and this is my other brother Daryl", loved that show! :)

Thanks, Julie & mine's up!

luvmy4sons said...

Mine is up!

Shari said...

I loved Jag and M*A*S*H. I think I'm going to ask for M*A*S*H DVDs for Christmas. It's a comfort show for me.