This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every moring: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion saith my soul: therefore will I hope in him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3: 21-26

Friday, January 18, 2008

Trust & Obey

He has showed you, O man, what is good.
And what does the LORD require of you?
To act justly and to love mercy
and to walk humbly with your God.
Micah 6:8


My spirit on Thy care,
Blest Savior, I recline;
Thou wilt not leave me to despair,
For Thou art Love divine.

In Thee I place my trust,
On Thee I calmly rest;
I know Thee good, I know Thee just,
And count Thy choice the best.

Whate’er events betide,
Thy will they all perform;
Safe in Thy breast my head I hide,
Nor fear the coming storm.

Let good or ill befall,
It must be good for me;
Secure of having Thee in all,
Of having all in Thee.

Words by HF Lyte
Music by Beethoven arranged by JE West


Visit Sheryl at Taking the Challenge for Faith Lift Friday.

5 comments:

sheryl said...

We definitely were on the same page! Thanks for sharing :)

DJ Hartman said...

Wow! Love this, Thanks for sharing...

DJ

MamaArcher said...

this is great! Thank you for the uplifting and encouraging post!

freetofly said...

I soooo very much love this particular scripture...it was in our Thursday night message, too...

Good stuff, Julie! LOVE the flower! :)

xoxo,
Maria

freetofly said...

P.S. Julie, you have something over at my place!

Hope you all are keeping warm!

blessings!
Maria