This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every moring: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion saith my soul: therefore will I hope in him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3: 21-26

Sunday, May 25, 2008

One of my Favorite Mommies...

...has left this earth.

My condolences to the Keane family. The Family Circus is a cartoon I've loved since I could read.

7 comments:

luvmy4sons said...

Aaawh. Wow. I am sorry too. Thank for your comments on my blog especially the one on Alzheimer's. It is nice to know someone else knows exactly of what I speak. I see this dear sweet woman was afflcited as well.

DebD said...

I went to the article - what a lovely tribute that Bil Keane said about his beloved wife.

Heidi @ GGIP said...

I didn't realize that his wife was the inspiration for his cartoon character. The news is really too bad.

annie said...

How sad.

Kim said...

Very sad, but a wonderful tribute by her husband! I remember loving that cartoon when I was younger--(we don't get the paper anymore here)--and I remember my Grandmother sending clippings from the newspaper of Family Circus to my sister and me. Ahh...those were the days....the simple days.
*smiles*
Kim

Liza's Eyeview said...

Oh I love the Family Circus too....

sheryl said...

Thanks for sharing the link. I'm glad her family had those last sweet memory-making moments with her!