This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every moring: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion saith my soul: therefore will I hope in him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3: 21-26

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Half a Year's Reading for Boo

Fifty-one books for Boo (who will be eight in a month and a half). Some of the books seem really easy compared to what he is reading now, but they were good sources of information, without being overkill. I firmly believe that if you leave them wanting to know more, they will find more to read on a subject.

Boo discovered comic books are available at the large library we visited during June and July. We will be going back there because it is near the ballet. Boo is also getting interested in how to look up information--that also means he's found out that I don't know quite everything. But hey!! I know where to look.

If you look at the list you will find Boo was (and still is) on a Roald Dahl kick. I highly recommend Roald Dahl's writing for anyone, but especially for reluctant readers and especially for boys. Boo keeps asking for more. That, for me, is awesome.

Again as with Roo's List the books are linked so you can find a source to buy or possibly a review.


Boo's Reading List 2008

No comments: