This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every moring: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion saith my soul: therefore will I hope in him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3: 21-26

Friday, August 22, 2008

Faith Lift Friday: Scripture and Song

"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal.” Matthew 6:19-20



Treasures in Heaven
by Burlap to Cashmere

He said follow me
Strive to make my convictions right
Oh, my pride is hammering me down

(bridge) I've seen you crying
I've seen you on your knees
The wise man died so you can

(chorus) Store up treasures in heaven
Store up treasures in heaven
Store up treasures in heaven
Don't you wait for the rain to come falling down
Can I follow you?
She looked at me funny,
With compassion in her eyes
She said casually

(bridge)

(chorus)

down on you
You gotta stop dancin'
Dancin' with your head
You gotta stop dancin'
You gotta stop dancin'
Dancin' with your head
And just look to the heavenly skies

(bridge)

(chorus)

Don't let the rain Fall down on you.

Refrain

Visit Sheryl at taking the challenge for more faithful thoughts to carry you through the weekend.

The boys and I are traveling again this week. If I am slow to visit or answer an e-mail that is why. So many of you are on my heart for so many different reasons. Just wanted to let you know I am still praying. Driving is good for that.

Have a good weekend!

Julie

2 comments:

luvmy4sons said...

I pray traveling mercies upon your and the boys. Such a great message, scripture and song.

Renee said...

Safe travels and have a great weekend.