This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every moring: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion saith my soul: therefore will I hope in him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3: 21-26

Monday, August 25, 2008

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggety Jig...

Sunday night I kept feeling like Dorothy in The Wizard of Oz, "There's no place like home, there's no place like home..." Praying that if I'd click my heels I'd wake up and it would all have been a dream.

Unfortunately it wasn't.

But I was so blessed by your prayers. Thank you ladies, so very much. My heart was so touched. And it really helped me survive.

Until the vehicle incident it wasn't a bad weekend. Somewhat stressful, but not anything surprising. We celebrated my youngest son's birthday with family (the "real day" was last week). This weekend was also the one year anniversary of my mother's death.

I've been trying not to let the two events meet in my son's mind. When he is older I don't think he will have an issue. Grandma did not die on his birthday--but mighty close.

The van thing...just was one straw too many on this camel's back. And it was...ahem...rather pricey. Over $500 pricey.

But, if you remember back a bit I talked about us not moving. Thankfully that choice and others we've made (and GOD!!) have allowed us to have money set aside so we could cover the repair. It wasn't something we wanted to do. But I felt so blessed that we were able to do so.

The time the boys and I got to spend with my father was good. We spent time with my sister and her children. We visited our second zoo in eight days.

And so now I am home. Stiff from the drive. But so ready just to have my little idiosyncratic life back. I will make an attempt to catch up on my blogging over the next few days.

Be it ever so humble...











Thanks again for your sweet prayers.

Off in search of my pillow...

Julie

9 comments:

Linds said...

I am so glad you are home and safe!

luvmy4sons said...

Thank you Jesus for answering our prayers. And I ask for Your continued blessing and provision upon this family.

So glad you are home!

DebD said...

It is always so good to get back home, no matter how fun and relaxing a trip may have been.

Glad you made it home safely (even if your pocketbook is smaller).

gemma said...

Home is such a wonderful place. Years ago when we were in a bumpy place, my husband came home from work, he closed the door, leaned against it with his eyes closed and said, "gools". I know I am spelling that wrong but that's how the word sounds. You might not be old enough to have played hide and seek as we did. If you could stay hidden long enough and could run back to home base without being tagged you shouted "gools" as you touched the place where the seeker had to count while you hid.....does that make sense.? Well if you did that you were home safe.

Gools is a safe place and that's what home is to us. Welcome home.

Carrie said...

Welcome back home. There IS no place like it.

Scribbit said...

Me too--glad you're back in one piece!

Renee said...

I am so glad you made it home and everything worked out. I've been behind in blogging but you've been on my mind and in my prayers. Hope this week goes smoother!

freetofly said...

Cheers! So glad that you had the $ saved! Praying now that you recupe that $ soon & then some! Glad the visits were good!

Love the pics!

xoxo,
Maria

Kim said...

So glad you made it back and what a blessing to have the money set aside! I am with you: There is no place like home.
*smiles*
Kim