This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every moring: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion saith my soul: therefore will I hope in him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3: 21-26

Thursday, September 4, 2008

A List...or Stream of Consciousness Writing...

Or..."Blogging through the Writer's Block."

Or...A Lot about Not Much.

There's stuff there, just not getting it together coherently. So you get...this:

The cat and the dog decided that 4:30ish was the correct time to wake "Mom" up. And when "Mom" rolled over and said, "Go away!" they both (I am not kidding) went into their preparing for puking routine. Both of them. They are a feline/canine team and they won.

That noise had me up and kicking them out into the rain. But being the softie I am (heart, not body--although that is soft too) I couldn't leave them out. And I was up and unable to go back to sleep. So at 4:48 I turned the coffee pot on.

School has been good. It is taking a lot more time this year. The boys are working hard mostly. Sometimes they work hard to see what buttons of mine they can push more, but for the most part they are doing a great job. With school, that is. Oh yeah, the buttons too.

I've had to give up on some of my more "relaxed" approaches to schooling. It was good for a time and I am an advocate of relaxed schooling. I am envious of those who do it well. But it was time for a new approach. I hope to write more about that soon.

Planning is the easy part of anything for me. Follow through tougher. And staying the course is even harder. But I'm working on that.

I thought I'd be caught up with everything after a three day weekend.

I was wrong.

I am more behind than I was before. But I spent an inordinate amount of time in my jammies. Loved that.

Weight loss and I are battling a lot these days. I'm convinced air has calories. I'm just sayin'...

Water might have calories too.

Did I mention I was up around 4:30? I will fall apart about 3:00. Sadly I won't be able to call it a day until 9:30 and then I will get a hormonal surge second wind and be up until past midnight.

And my pets will wake me up needing to go outside.

The Rum Tum Tugger is a terrible bore: When you let him in he wants to be out; He's always on the wrong side of every door, And as soon as he's at home, then he'd like to get about. --T.S. Elliot Old Possums Book of Practical Cats

The cat has gone in and out about fifty times since I was up. Okay, I'm exaggerating--he only went in and out about thirty-one times. And then he came in and puked on the carpet anyway. Of course he had eaten a whole can of food. Because it made for a more impressive mess.

He is now trying to sit on my laptop as I'm blogging.

He is very lucky he is old. Seventeen years this month, in fact. I humor him a lot because he's made it this long.

I've had a lot of ideas for posts.

Too bad I haven't put them out there.

School is taking a lot more time this year. Did I mention that? I still love it and wouldn't trade it for anything. But I think I was caught off guard.

I rarely watch television, but I've been watching the convention. That's cut into blogging. And reading what other blogs about the presidential race is cutting into my blogging.

I try to steer clear of theological and political debates on this blog. But I'm going to just throw this out there.

Sarah Palin is fabulous. I would have ended up voting for John McCain, I have an incredible amount of gratitude and respect for his heroic life, but I've not always agreed with everything, but now...I'm wound up about the race. Now I'm watching what I would have let go past before. Now I'm talking back to the television and acting all sorts of crazy. And for the record, I probably shouldn't include politics in a post with cat puke, but somehow I get the feeling Mrs. Palin has had to deal with the everyday "mom stuff." Good, bad, and gross.

But if I were her--I might have kept the chef. My family might have insisted.

Enough about issues. Let's continue with me.

Roo an I will be out of the house five days a week until mid-October. Then we will have to be out seven. Boo, thankfully only has to be out two days (he can stay with Daddy for three). When Nutcracker hits he will be out four days a week.

This is too much. I'm not sure how to do anything differently.

I was always going to be the mom who didn't drive her kids everywhere.

Guess what?

I was wrong.

The year is two-thirds of the way over. How did that happen?

Off to be responsible for a while. And find toothpicks for my eyelids. NOW I am tired. Now I could sleep. Ugh.

Hopefully something substantial will find it's way into the blog soon.

8 comments:

Renee said...

Wonderful ramblings! If only I could be half so witty in my posts. I watched the Repbulican convention last night and was very impressed with Sarah Palin. I too would have kept the chef - LOL.

Your schedule is busy; hope it slows down some for the holidays. I know what you mean about school taking on a new level. I've found that too as my boys get older. It's so cool to see them get into learning and be so excited!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Heidi @ GGIP said...

I'm so sorry you did get enough sleep. Our cats go through phases of jummping on us at night. They have never tried the barfing bit though...

gemma said...

Julie --

Love ya! You are blogging exactly the way I think blogging should be. It's about you and your life and opinions and yikes...love the puking animal thing!

Love it that you love the Sarahcuda!! Isn't she amazing?

Later Gater.

luvmy4sons said...

I love your ramblings. They always make me smile. And I could use a good smile. It doesn't hurt to smile now! LOL!

annie said...

I love to ramble too :)
Hope you sleep well tonight!

Sheryl said...

Oh girl! This was such a hoot and such a refreshing read to boot!
I'm with you on the time thing...my blogging is almost nil these days!
The political scene definitely picked up major interest this past week :)
I'm also with you on keeping that chef.
I know things are picking up for you big-time with holidays rushing in upon us...but hope you and I somehwo manage a hello now and again :)
Have a blessed weekend...er...month!

Liza's Eyeview said...

I like this kind of posts - I get a glimpse, bits and pieces of what you're thinking and doing :)

I wish to comment or reply to a lot of what you've said, but as usual I'm in a rush, so I'm just saying I enjoyed this post :)

Linds said...

I hope the tooth picks worked! I know all about being up at 4. I love ramblings. Maybe because your thoughts tumbling out on the page sound rather like mine!