This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every moring: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion saith my soul: therefore will I hope in him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3: 21-26

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Menu Plan Monday

Being gone five nights a week is taking its toll on my usual plan of staring at the refrigerator and cabinets a few hours before supper and hoping for inspiration. Soooooooooo... (a year later) I'm back to Menu Plan Monday. It worked the first time. Don't know why I stopped, other than I'm lazy. Maybe I'll get it together. At least we'll be eating better while I try.

My honey's on the road this week, so I'm just feeding the boys and I. This is our last Monday night that we will be home by 7p.m. Starting next week we will get home near 9p.m. OUCH!! So it will be sandwiches in the van next week, I'm thinking.

Monday--Goulash and Doo Doo Bread.
Tuesday--Popcorn Chicken, green beans and rice
Wednesday--Nachos with trimmings, fresh fruit
Thursday--Breakfast for Dinner: pancakes, scrambled eggs and sausage
Friday--Lasagna, garlic bread and salad
Saturday--grilled steak, broccoli, mashed potatoes and salad
Sunday--Grilled chicken, mixed veggies in the grill wok, salad

Personally, I am struggling to eat a low carb diet, modifying a couple mainstream diets to fit my health needs. But the boys definitely don't need to eat that way so I cook for them and eat around what I can and substitute salad and low carb veggies a lot for me. So a couple of those nights, I'll be vicariously enjoying (especially those pancakes--I had one last week and need to not do that again!)

Eat well!! And visit Laura at I'm an Organizing Junkie for more menu ideas!

14 comments:

Kim said...

I know how hard those late nights can be. As it is with my work schedule we aren't eating until 7:30 or 8:00 most nights. I hate it--but it is the only way we can eat the way I would like us to.
Have a yummy week--
*smiles*
Kim

Sandra said...

Great menu, yummy week :)

My Menu Plan

Tina said...

Great menu! Thanks for stopping by :)

Karen said...

I doubt I could go low-carb. I love my pasta too much!

Michele said...

Great menu and thankfully now that summer is over we only have one night a week that we eat late. I can certainly understand "eating around" what you can!

HDMac said...

Good planning!

uppervalleymom said...

I'm just getting "back on the wagon" with my menu planning as well. We have several nights with evening events as well, so it really was important to plan before so that we weren't just getting take out every night! Your week sounds good to me. Have a great week.

Carrie said...

I checked out the link to your Doo Doo bread. That is what my grandma used to call "Dough-Dads". I've never had them, but it sounds really good.

Sherry said...

We love goulash and the rest of your week sounds like a great comfort food week! YUM!

Brooke said...

welcome back! i've been meaning to do breakfast for dinner for a while now and haven't gotten around to it.

Ranee said...

Nice menu. I also hate those late nights. It is so hard to feed everyone and get them in bed at a decent time and try to have a good school day the next day. Ugh.

Thank you for stopping by my blog.

Renee said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! Your menu sounds really good, especially the nachos and lasagna - two of my favorites!

luvmy4sons said...

Looks to me like you are adapting well...you gotta go with what works and what is happening. LOL!

Renee said...

Great menu plan!