This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every moring: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion saith my soul: therefore will I hope in him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3: 21-26

Monday, October 27, 2008

Grains of Gratitude...Running Behind Again

While I always start off feeling sorry for myself when I get overloaded, I quickly remember that it is because my life is so full of blessings that running shoes seem to be a necessity these days. At least I try to. Sometimes it takes a cup of coffee or four to get the old brain cells firing again.

I am grateful the boys are feeling better. There is no time I feel more like a rotten mommy than when my children are sick. And even if it is just simple thing, I always feel there should be something more I could do. So when they bounce back--Yay!! They are back to using furniture as diving boards and leaping t.v. trays in a single bound.

The boys are thrilled that they are in rehearsals already?? finally. Friends!!! Seven days a week! Who worries about socialization? I am grateful for one mom in particular who is a joy to talk to. She keeps my perspective pointed the right way. We pray for each other and our kids and I know she is a huge blessing in my life.

Last night the boys and I went to the cathedral downtown. I am so grateful that we were able to do so. We didn't know that the choir, organist and chamber orchestra would be there for Mass. How awesome to have our worship led by them. I spent a lot of time with tears running down my cheeks. It was just that beautiful. Praise the LORD indeed!!

For sunshine--chilly, but still sunshine! We had lots and lots and lots of rain last week. Yesterday we had WIIIIIIINNNNNNNDDDDDD!. Today seems to be breezy, but not too bad and the sky is gorgeous and the sun is out and shining away.

My list is long for this week. Everything really needs to be done now. But at the same time the roof won't cave in if something gets put off a little bit. Seems like I should get in gear, get off the computer, start prioritizing and "just do it!" LOL!

Does anyone remember the old Veggie Tale song "Busy"? Archibald Asparagus and the Doctor sing it to Larry Boy. It has been running through my head since I got up. I can't find a video of it, but here are some of the lyrics:

Cause we're busy, busy, frightfully busy
More than a bumblebee, more than an ant.
Busy, busy, horribly busy
We'd love to help, but we can't!


I'm grateful for busy! What are you grateful for?

Brady's Bunch, home of the busy Christine is where Grains of Gratitude started.

3 comments:

luvmy4sons said...

I love that song Busy by the Veggie Tale crew. It can be difficult when you get all harried coming and going to remember that business is a blessing too. There are seasons. I tell msyelf that some day I will be sitting in my rocker and the house will be quiet and I will have nowhere to go and nothing to do...and I will remember these harried times with fondness! Blessings to you an yours!

Renee said...

I sure do remember that Veggie tale song! Wonderful list of gratitudes. Have a great week!

lisaschaos said...

I'm glad your boys are feeling better. Sounds like you have lots to be grateful for. :)