This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every moring: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion saith my soul: therefore will I hope in him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3: 21-26

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

I Refuse to Turn the Heat On!!!

Much stamping of feet and temper tantrum throwing!

Global warming, indeed! That is a joke.

We've had three nights of frost with daytime highs in the 40s. Today is a bit warmer, at 55 degrees(F). While this duplex is not my most favorite of abodes, it does have one very good feature. It was built solid and insulated well. In the summer it is hard to get a cross breeze, so opening up windows isn't an option often. But when the weather cools down we are able to leave windows open and heat off much longer than most.

But the last few nights below freezing have sent us below 60 in the house at night. With my hot flashes, that's not a big deal for me. But the boys who like to run around barefoot and in t-shirts are complaining a little bit. Mean ole Mama's answer is, "Put socks on, get a blanket and put a sweater on." While we miss him greatly, it is probably a good thing my honey is traveling again. He likes things toasty and although he's very frugal, we'd be bickering about the thermostat. The weather is supposed to warm up just in time for his return this weekend. That's a good thing!

The leaves are still on the trees. I am soooooooo not ready for winter! Fall is just starting as far as I am concerned. The boys and I took a fall walk so I could get some annual photos. Here's a glimpse.

3 comments:

luvmy4sons said...

Too funny. I get cold very easily. Hubby and I had it out but finally settled on the settings. We keep the heat at 67 during the day ( I wear a lot of sweaters) and 63 at night. We have one of those therostats that do it automatically. I use an electric heating blanket at night! We have had our heat on for weeks now. Just go ahead and cave and be warm! LOL!

Michelle M. said...

I've been saying the same things to my husband. He works from home and doesn't like how cold I keep it in the house. I just bundle up the kiddos and we do just fine, but he doesn't like the cold weather. We had our first frost last night-- so maybe I need to think about letting the heat come on.

Barbara H. said...

We just turned ours on for the first time this week.