This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every moring: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion saith my soul: therefore will I hope in him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3: 21-26

Friday, October 31, 2008

A Year Ago Today--A Halloween Reprise

Today's been kind of nice. Ballet was canceled and we had no where to go. It seemed like the weekend--only a little early. So, since we are boring today I will share what happened one year ago today:

(Originally posted 11-01-07)
So I woke up yesterday morning to no water.

Nice.

AmazinglyReally the bill had been paid. But somehow the water department had not credited customers who had paid on line.

So they had shut off several of their customers. The paying kind. Oooops. Their bad.

Ummmm…my mad.

The good news was no one here was in need of a shower and the kitchen was only mildly disgusting a little messy. We had plenty of clean clothes, because I got motivated for once am such a good housekeeper.

The bad news was Boo was sick. Chicken noodle soup was the lunch order of the day. His appetite is still good. That is more good news.

I did an easy stir-fry last night. One dish included a Toad Food I mean Tofu. Because Roo hates dislikes has requested an alternative to chicken.

Yeah, whatever. It is a good thing he looks a lot like me and acts like me in other ways (well sometimes he should NOT act like me--but that is another story that I will never share), because I am still shaking my head saying, “That is SOOOOOO not my child, eating Toad Food I mean Tofu. The Cave Geek and I are all about carnivorous eating here.

Then I needed to run to the grocery store last night.

So I walk out the door of my duplex last night to be greeted by forty something man. (Who I didn't know.) With two or three days beard growth. Dressed in a fairy outfit with a tutu (and boxer shorts under). Smoking a cigarette.

Apparently my neighbor was having a party. I hope it was a costume party. I'm just saying...

Well alrighty then. Halloween…ya never know what is going to happen.

And if you have any good Toad Food recipes for Tofu, could you let me know because it seems Roo is becoming a vegetarian. And I am such a supportive parent. Really.

4 comments:

luvmy4sons said...

Too funny...I am a vegan and I don't even eat tofu!

Leah in Iowa said...

The Giving Thanks challenge begins today. I hope you'll participate again this year!

Liza's Eyeview said...

Oh, there's this tofu and watercress salad that I totally love - I usually just buy it at Safeway deli but will find a recipe for you.

I found a blog that I think you will like:

http://www.conversiondiary.com/

A blessed weekend to you and your family.

Heidi @ GGIP said...

I kindof hope you never saw that guy again...