This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every moring: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion saith my soul: therefore will I hope in him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3: 21-26

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Grains of Gratitude

I'm grateful the painting is done. I'll be even more grateful when we get everything put in place. You know how it goes, you move this and then you have to find a home for that and then someone has a bright idea to move all this stuff downstairs and then move some other stuff upstairs and wouldn't the room look better if we added two bookshelves and....well you see how it goes.

And then the boys and I went out of town for three days to see my dad. And I am grateful we did that. But my husband couldn't go, so I always felt a piece of me was missing. But it was a good, safe and fun trip. Dad made a large wood frame for me to create a project I cooked up. One more thing to add to the room.

I am grateful for all of your prayers for Roo. His knee is much improved. For now the prognosis is "growing pains" added to new and more strenuous movement. A couple very knowledgeable, caring teachers are keeping a close eye on him. He hates being conspicuous but I was an obnoxious mom and shared my concerns anyway.

I'm grateful that Boo has been having a great time again during rehearsals. Apparently some of the older girls have been paying him a little extra attention. I was informed today that he received a marriage proposal. I told him he may have to wait a few weeks and get a little better acquainted. A---hem...I am really going to be in trouble with this one.

The mice seem to have left for more friendly dwellings. I am sooooooooooooooo grateful! The cat has been useless and the dog was of no help. The cat, Sid, is 17--half blind and half deaf, so him I understand. In his day he was a champion mouser, but now he just curls up in his little box and sleeps a lot. Miss Libby, the pooch, seemed to think they were just new pets we had acquired.

I am grateful for the time we spent schooling in the summer because I am about out of steam. We are in coast mode for a bit. We will be tying up loose ends and taking a long holiday break. Nutcracker rehearsals move into the theater this week and then the shows begin!!

Advent starts today. We pause, we take time and prepare our hearts and minds for the joyful feast to come--for the Emmanuel--God with us. I am grateful for the rhythm of the liturgical year. In the hustle and bustle of the commercial world we live in I need something to refocus me on the One reason for the real season. Father's homily today talked about how sometimes we are so intent on wondering when Christ will return that we miss Jesus in our daily life--how the sorrows of this world make us ready to give it up and get to heaven and we miss the opportunity to share the LORD with a soul in need of His love today. He said it better than I did...but I'm grateful for the reminder to live in the now.

I'll be sharing a few Advent posts through December. Not everyday, but once in a while. I've got some books I'm excited about reading and some songs that have been on my heart.

7 comments:

AutumnRose said...

Thank you for this lovely and thoughtful post :)

AR xx

luvmy4sons said...

So glad your painting is done...and Boo is better...I am having a hard time..I want to put Christmas off...maybe just until my eldest is home...10 more days!

Linds said...

I love the Advent season, Julie - it is the start of the focus for Christmas, and I am leaving the shops and commercial side right out this year. I am so glad Boo is ok. My oldest son had dreadful growing pain and I was very glad when he grew out of it! I hope we get to see some Nutcracker photos!

AutumnRose said...

I have added you to my blogroll :)

Myra Johnson said...

I like your page. It has a warm feeling to it!
Have a great day tomorrow!
http://shadowfeet.tumblr.com

http://myra.lifewithChrist.org

Esther said...

Julie, what a wonderful post! BTW, blog looks lovely in purple. And, I've tagged you for a meme.

Joyful Days said...

Autumn Rose, Thanks for adding me!!

Esther, That looks like fun, I'll be playing soon!

Blessings everyone!

Julie