This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every moring: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion saith my soul: therefore will I hope in him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3: 21-26

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Wandering on Wednesday--A Ramble

I am still trying to get all the chocolate frosting off of this cake topper. We got it for Boo's birthday in August and it was a hit. It has blinking lights and plays "Happy Birthday" The only thing it doesn't do is ice the cake for you. Roo definitely wanted it for his cake this week. My baking creation definitely did not look as lovely as this picture, and I wasn't about to share with you my horrendous "writing with icing skills."

For Roo's first birthday I attempted a Noah's Ark cake. It fell apart and it is a good thing the animals were plastic--they would've drowned in icing otherwise. Since then my sister has always did birthday cakes for the boys--this is the first year we haven't been able to be together for Roo and my niece's birthdays. We miss them for more than the cake! My sister's always been very creative about cake decorating. She inherited that gene from my mother. Me? I'm the buy some model figures and slap them on the cake and call it decorated. She's used the models, too, but then creates a scene or landscape for them to be framed it. An artiste, let me tell you!!

I am reading Ralph Moody's Little Britches (aka Wild Country). Roo read it earlier and really liked it. I would highly recommend it for readers of all ages. This was one of my choices for the Fall into Reading Challenge.

So far, I've finished three of twelve books on my list for the Fall into Reading Challenge, but I've managed to read five other books not on the list! I have a history of getting sidetracked. Reviews are over on my Reviews & Recipes blog.

Sidney, aka the Crabby Cat, apparently is not happy with my husband's selection of food this morning because he's been complaining to me since I opened my eyes. He has been messing with me all morning. He is upset that the weather is changing. He asks to go out and then when he peeks outside he changes his mind.

Reminds me of T.S. Elliot's...

The Rum Tum Tugger

...The Rum Tum Tugger is a terrible bore:
When you let him in he wants to be out;
He's always on the wrong side of every door,
And as soon as he's at home, then he'd like to get about.
He likes to lie in the bureau drawer,
But he makes such a fuss if he can't get out.
Yes the Rum Tum Tugger is a curious cat-
And there isn't any use for you to doubt it;
For he will do As he do do
And there's no doing anything about it!...


Old Possum's Book of Practical Cats


The YouTube video of the Rum Tum Tugger from Cats is available. A little, ummmm...forward and friendly in the dancing, but certainly a fabulous musical.

Off to find the bottom of the laundry pile which may be as easy as finding the pot at the end of the rainbow.

What are you up to today?

5 comments:

luvmy4sons said...

We read al lthe Little Britches books long ago. Wow! Brings back memories. It seems so long ago and yet like yesterday. I once made a Pooh Bear cake. It acutally turned out well, but boy what WORK! Didn't enjoy it that much...haven't done it since. Let's see it was for my oldest and he was like three...now he is 19...yep. Definitely didn't enjoy it since it has been over 16 years! LOL!

annie said...

The cake sounds fun :)... My mom decorates cakes so I always call on her for that task.

Esther said...

Oh, I love that play and the book the play was based on. I think we saw it on Broadway 5 times :-)

Soul Pockets said...

I have something for you over at my blog. :)

lisaschaos said...

Thankfully kids don't usually care how cakes look as long as they taste good. :) I laughed an animals drowning in icing. :)

Me, up to today, hating the rain and wishing it would just turn to snow already instead of being so wet! :)