This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every moring: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion saith my soul: therefore will I hope in him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3: 21-26

Friday, December 19, 2008

How to Make a Big Mess...

...and please two boys in the doing.

First haul out as much chaos into the rest of the house as possible.

Next cover everything else in plastic--note the dirty beige walls.

Pile stuff on the bed...

Frustrate the dog. She was very upset about the whole thing!


and paint...




and say a few choice words...




Dump the darkest paint you have on the carpet.




More than once.




Fall into the wet wall...




and question your sanity...




What were you thinking anyway?????




Oooooooooooooohhhh....That's more like it!
We started with one brown bookshelf in the room and took that out and replaced it with two black bookshelves.

We hung the guitars on the wall and did something else I said I would never do.


The light blue wall and the wall that turned out more salmon than sand.

The dog was back in her "cave."
She's always slept in the boys' room.
We replaced the futon with a smaller loveseat.

Went vertical with storage of toys and "stuffies."

Decorated the window for the holidays.

Ambiance!


It's not 100% but they're pretty happy to have their new digs.

I think if you are so inclined you can click on a photo to enlarge.

4 comments:

Michelle M. said...

That was a lot of work! It looks really great! My hubby used to have his guitars hanging on the walls of his "bachelor pad". But we never hung them up in our home. Maybe some day when we have more space.

luvmy4sons said...

Awesome. You rock mom!

Barbara H. said...

The course of renovation never does seem to run smoothly! My poor husband always runs into frustration when he is working on house projects. Everything looks great and I'm sure they're happy with their new room!

Renee said...

Their room looks fantastic! I agree with luvmy4sons...You Rock!